Chapter 1

"Flame!, Flame!" Spark called. "The kit is here!" she called as Flame ran into the den they made in the forest.
"Oh my, Spark what a beautiful kit." Flame said. "What will you name her?" Flame asked.
"I'm naming her Spirit." Spark said in the kindest voice she had. "Spark," called a strong sounding tom. "Where is our new kit?" The tom called.
"Quiet Kill you'll wake her up." Spark hissed. "Fine," Kill growled.
"But right after she wakes up she is to start training." he insisted.
"She has to keep my reputation  going."
"No," Spark said. "We are going to wait the appropriate amount of time for a kit and I won't let you take her." She looked straight into Kill's eyes, wrapping her tail protectively around the kit. "Spark," Flame started. "Yes Flame?" Spark answered, signaling for Kill to leave. "Would you like me to protect Spirit?" She asked. "No offense but I have more skills than you do since you were having a kit." She said kinda embarrassed. "That is true Flame, of course I would love for you to protect Spirit and when I appoint you her guardian you must swear with your life that you would protect her." Spark said with determination in her eyes.
"Of course Spark, I see something great within this young kit." Flame said "well I think it's time for bed." Spark said, curling her tail around her kit. "Goodnight," Flame said, curling up in a mossy bed next to spark.
~Later that night~
A black cat slipped into the den with Spark, Spirit and Flame and picked Spirit up by the scruff waking her up "Who are you?" She squeaked. "Shhh my name is Dark. Your father asked me to teach you training, and how to be a warrior." She said waving her tail back and forth happily. "What is a warrior?" Spirit managed to make a meow. "Well..." Dark started and finished her sentence whispering it into her ear. "Oh I understand now!" Spirit said trying to get into a crouch. "Stay here I will give you things to practice on." Dark said, trotting toward the fresh kill pile.
She grabbed a small mouse and brought it over to Spirit. "Here Spirit try pouncing on this mouse, and remember what I said." Dark said, making it very clear. "Alright," Spirit puffed as she pounced on the mouse. "did I-"
"No Spirit if you did that it would have escaped," Dark said as Spirit looked down in shame. "Alright you go off to bed and have a good night sleep I will be back tomorrow and don't tell anyone about this Spirit." Dark said. "Yes Dark," Said Spirit as she went into the den with her mother and Flame. "Goodnight Dark," Spirit said before disappearing into the den. "Goodnight," Dark whispered as she walked away with a smirk. "Flame was right, that cat does have something special and I'm going to bring it out." She made a sort of evil laugh before walking into the other den and falling asleep.