Chapter 4

Moon sighed on the cave floor of her new home. "Why does everyone I know and love leave me?" she yowled as a little tomkit came into the cave. "Hello?" the kit called. "What?" Moon growled. "I-I just heard a yowl and wanted to see what it was." the kit backed up, scared. Moon calmed down. "I'm sorry, what is your name?" She asked. "I'm Shine." The tom said. "Sorry for scaring you." Moon said. He hesitated for a moment then relaxed. "That's ok. So what are you doing here?" He asked. "I live here." She replied. "I don't have anywhere else to go." She sighed. "Come live with me." He said. "I have a nice warm bed." I'm sure my owners wouldn't mind." He purred. Owners and a nice warm bed. The thought of that echoed in her mind and she stared off. "Thanks for the offer, but I really don't want to have owners." She tried not to hurt him. He sighed. "That's fine, I don't know if my brother would like another cat anyway." She made a fake purr of laughter. She didn't say anything but made it clear that she wanted him to leave. I really want to go, but I don't want to lose anyone else, she thought, then got up. "Well, I have to get food to keep myself alive." She tried to cheer herself up by hunting. She walked out and perked her ears, then found a rabbit. Alright, so what's the best way of hunting? She asked herself, then she lowered her body and jumped at the rabbit. "I caught it." She purred jumping up and down. "Now to get more." She whispered to herself. She went around a little part of the forest. catching a bit of prey.
She had caught a lot of prey and was visited by the tom Shine again. "Hello?" He called, peeking into the cave. "Shine?" She asked. "Yes." He sounded embarrassed. "Come in, I have some prey if you're hungry." She offered. "That would be great, thank you." He said gratefully taking a rabbit as they started talking for a while. I might have a friend for awhile, she thought.