Jason

"I can't believe it. I just can't believe it." muttered Frank Zhang as he stared unhappily at his pizza. Piper forced a smile from across the dinner table.

"Don't worry, Frank. It wasn't your fault. It was none of our faults." Jason was suddenly soothed and comforted.

"Charmspeak," he grumbled. He hated it when Piper did that. Normally it helped calm his friends, but it always felt like she was lying through her teeth. Jason knew her, and he understood that she was doing it for their own good. But that didn't mean he had to like it.

He felt someone's eyes on him and he glanced up from his plate. Piper was staring at him from across the table. She frowned and mouthed the words "Shut up. I'm trying to help." Jason glared at her. She noticed this and made a silly face. He couldn't help laughing.

"What are you two laughing about?" Nico di Angelo asked moodily.

"Nothing," Piper said quickly. Leo smirked. Jason wanted to tell him that it wasn't like that, but he knew Leo wouldn't listen. He never did, unless it was either a joke, or about his precious ship. And when Hazel talked, of course. Man, he had it bad. But Leo had to respect that Frank had dibs on Hazel. A man's gotta respect dibs.

Suddenly, Jason's thoughts shifted to Percy. He wondered how he was doing, down in Tartarus. He wondered if he was hurt. And, most importantly, he wondered if he was even alive.

No, he had to be alive. He just had to be. Because if he wasn't, their whole mission would be pointless. They would have come this far for nothing.

"So, Piper. What did you say that you guys are doing for your anniversary?" asked Hazel. Jason tuned back into the conversation. He watched Piper blush as she replied,

"Well, I actually don't really know yet. But, you know, I was hoping that we could sorta maybe do something special like....go see a rom- NICE movie." She blushed again. Was she about to say romantic? Piper knew that Jason HATED romantic movies. Well, she had quickly corrected herself anyway. So it was obviously accidental. Wait a second. Anniversary?? This was the first Jason had heard of an anniversary. He noticed Piper gazing at him and sent her a look that clearly stated, "Anniversary? Sorry, I'm all out of those."

But she replied with saying (out loud), "Jason, of course we need an anniversary. After all, in one week it will be exactly one year from when we met. Well, at least when I thought we met."

Argh. Jason had to deal with Percy and Annabeth's disappearance, Gaea rising, AND an anniversary? This was going to be a very long week.

(A/N)

Hey, guys! I figured out how to make chapters so yeah. This one took a while to write but turned out really short. Argh. Ciao!!