Annabeth

Annabeth heard her name and turned to the right. Next to her, with a faint light projected from his pocket was her boyfriend. Unconscious. Bloody. Possibly dead. No! He had to be alive. He just HAD to be. She rolled over, biting her lip to keep from crying out. She had landed on that freakin' ankle, the one that had caused her so much pain during her battle with Arachne. She looked toward it and gasped. This was SO not good.

When she landed, she fell standing up and her body automatically twisted to the side and slammed to the ground. This had caused her skin to rip, and now she could see straight to the bone.

The sight of her own blood caused her head to pound. She forced herself to look away, and she turned her gaze toward her boyfriend. He suddenly regained consciousness, and she found herself staring at a beautiful set of sea-green eyes. He stared back at her and watched as she weakly tried to stand, her ankle failing her, and she slammed onto the ground once more. She weakly refused his help and turned over once more to look at the bloody outline of Percy's body. He asked her what they were going to do. She replied with the first thing that popped into her head.

Wrong answer. Percy's eyes filled with tears and Annabeth stared at him in shock. He looked away in embarrassment, but Annabeth felt bad and she attempted to reassure him.

"Hey. It's going to be okay. After all, we are together. Seaweed Brain and Wise Girl. And that's all that matters." Percy nodded and forced himself up. He offered her his hand and this time Annabeth gratefully accepted.

He helped her up, and she hobbled forward on her screwed leg. He noticed her ankle and his eyes bulged out. "Holy crud! What in Hades happened to your foot?"

"I kinda fell," Annabeth replied weakly.

"So did I," said Percy, "But my bone isn't showing! Here, I think I have some ambrosia squares in my pocket." He fed her the crumbling orange cookie and she suddenly felt much better. But it was starting to get hot. Uh-oh. Had Percy given her too much? She watched as he ate one of the squares and tucked the rest into his pocket. Fortunately, the heat soon faded. That was close. One more crumb and Annabeth would have burst into flames.

Annabeth urged him forward and signaled for him to take the sword out of his pocket so they could see better. Confused, Percy opened his mouth, but before he could talk she clamped her hand over his mouth. She gave him the quiet sign and took his sword out herself, holding it out in front of her.

They quietly crept forward, wincing every now and then. Annabeth held on to Percy for support, but even after the ambrosia her ankle still hurt. She stopped for a second and ripped off part of her shirt to use as a bandage. It was a very thin fabric so it was easy to rip, though it wouldn't be her first choice as a bandage. But it was all she had.

She quickly wrapped it round her ankle and tied some of the spider silk that was dragging from her leg onto it to make the bandage stay. She looked up and found that Percy was glancing at the spot where she ripped the fabric from her shirt. She used one hand to hold down the shirt and the other to thump Percy on the head. He gave her a sheepish look and looked away. She didn't know that sheep could look so cute (😊).

They continued walking forward until they unexpectedly slammed into an invisible wall. Annabeth put her hand forward, and the wall stretched as she pushed on it. It was silky and smooth, yet firm. Too late Annabeth realized what the material was. She tried to pull her hand away, but it was stuck.

Suddenly, an all-too familiar voice called out from the darkness,"Hello, darlings. I've been expecting you."

(A/N)

Oooh! Finally a good cliffie. But I think we all know who that voice in the darkness is..... Anyway, I'm proud of myself for finally making a longer chapter (😉). I also wanted to say to PLEASE comment! Give me a review! Tell me what you like....and what ya don't! Thanks a billion!