Reyna

"We must get revenge! I knew we shouldn't have trusted those back-stabbing Greeks! They are evil people! We must wipe out their ties, end their race, and put a stop to their...their...betrayals!" screamed the bloodthirsty Octavian. More than half of the Romans followed him toward the entrance to camp, cheering and yelling curses toward Percy and his friends. Reyna sank to the ground, having mixed feelings--angry, desperate, shocked, and confused.

For a blissful day, everything had been perfect - she had a new crush, hopefully a partner, Hazel, Frank, and Percy were safe, Octavian shut up, and Reyna was finally getting what she wanted. Until the Greeks came.

For a short time, it didn't seem like this would be much of a problem. The Greeks were friendly, and since two Romans had assured everyone they meant well, the others weren't trying to kill them. Then Annabeth and Percy reunited, and Reyna realized that Percy could never be her partner and he definitely couldn't be her girlfriend.

And then there was Jason--she was sure that, with time, their friendship would have grown into a lovely relationship. But there was no time. Jason was swapped with Percy for some kind of trade, and when he finally came back, Reyna discovered that he had already been snagged by PiPeR. Reyna hated her before she even met her. And when she did, she still didn't warm to the boyfriend-stealer. After all, Reyna was the daughter of the goddess of war and Piper was the daughter of the goddess of love. They were never meant to be friends.

Then there was Annabeth. She was different. Though she was Percy's girlfriend, Reyna didn't feel as angry or offended toward her as she did with Piper. Probably because Annabeth had begun dating Percy before Reyna met him, so she obviously hadn't intentionally stolen Percy from her. And it was also because...well, Percy was great, but her heart truly belonged to Jason. Until Piper had stolen his attention and caused Reyna's heart to break.

In her heart Reyna knew that she really hadn't meant to steal Jason from her (and that he wasn't really hers) but she had to blame SOMEONE for the pain she was feeling. And Piper just happened to be unintentionally involved in this love triangle.

Aside from the Jiper problem, Reyna had plenty of other things to worry about. Octavian was a big pain in the posterior.

On the battlefield, Reyna was the leader and everyone respected her as their praetor. But, as Percy had said what seemed like years ago, Octavian was a smoother talker. With one word he could send the Roman army into cheers or boos while Reyna watched helplessly from the sidelines.

It was all one big game, with Reyna as the reff and the Greeks and Romans as the teams competing against each other. And Octavian was the annoying parent who commanded the Roman team to commit fouls and score unfair goals while Reyna attempted to stop the unjust ruling but was overpowered by the other parent's agreement to Octavian's ways. The other parents, of course, were the minor leaders such as Dakota. They, while not having as much power as Reyna, still greatly influenced the decisions of the Romans and helped Octavian win the battle.

It was just so unfair. Reyna was supposed to be the leader! Reyna was supposed to be the influencer, the commander, and the victor! But it wasn't like she was jealous or anything.

I mean, how juvenile would that be...

(A/N)

Sorry for stealing a quote from "Dear Dumb Diary." If you haven't read those books just because they're skinny and childish, well then, you are missing out. Cause that series is home to some of my favorite jokes and quotes, including,"So cry me a river, build yourself a bridge, and GET OVER IT."

Despedida!