1: Reset

Dmitri's POV (Point of View)

The alarm clock begins to flare with noise and led lights through my tired bluish green eyes. I repeatedly tried to hit the snooze button. I finally was able to stop the annoyance for a while. I climbed out of my soft California king sized bed to take a refreshing and soothing hot shower. I unbuttoned my soft navy blue lounge pant and threw them into my dirty laundry basket for coming laundry day ahead. I turned on the shower to begin my life of stress ahead of me. I walked out the shower, now an icy cold shower, and dried myself off with my microfiber towels I got from Paris. I wrapped the towel around my waist to hide my treasures. I am cocky, and you know it. I walked back to my bedroom to see what the hell I am wearing. I gave up looking and grabbed the first thing I noticed. I decided to wear my teal plaid button-down shirt, my black vest, my classic black trousers, and my black casual shoes too much the blackness I have on my body. I quickly ran back to the bathroom, forgetting to do my daily morning hygiene. I walked back to my room and put on my clothes for work so I can finally eat instead of rushing to grab food from old franchises like McDonalds and Starbucks. I made, and an apple, also my briefcase and I walked out the door to my black 2012 Chrysler 300. I raised my garage door and drove off to the police department. I was there as a detective. This town is so quiet until someone kill, rob, or rape someone. This city is just insane when it happens. I wish it were like it used to be, like without the screaming and gossiping about the cases. When it comes to interrogating, it's all "hearsay" than fact. I hate when this happens. I pulled up into the parking the car park in front of the Ville de Glace police department. I slammed my car door. I walked into the office to my division to get these treacherous affairs over and done with completely. I placed my briefcase­, it's black and leathery by the way, on my desk. Before I logged into my computer; Philip walks in with the mail and other paperwork that needs to be read and file thoroughly.

"Hey, Dmitri, are you having a good day so far?" He asked smiling. I turn completely away from the computer and stare into Philip's eye bright blue eyes with a sarcastic smile on my face. "That was awesome until you arrive. Why are you here for besides harassing me?" I asked Philip, smirking modestly. Philip chuckled a little and handed me my mail and files to well file in the file cabinet. Philip pulled in his mail cart and sat down in one of my chairs in my office. I sighed when he does this. He's an intern so I can't be rude even if I wanted to. I think he just wants to hang out with me, which I am okay with me cause it so dreadful here. We had a brief conversation. When I said brief, it was brief. Aria, our boss, walked into my office and kicked him out so she can talk to me.

"Hey!! I had him first!" Philip hissed at Aria. She looked at him with a smirk. "Well, you should have been faster with him." She teased Philip. Philip stormed out the room with his kart and resumes his daily duties. Aria turned back to look at me after Philip stormed out the door. I formed a scowl on my face for what she did.

"That wasn't nice to do to the guy. He was only in here to talk to me about stuff like college." I told her. She looked at me with a smile. "While he must be found of you because he is always in here every time I walk over here. Please make sure he does his work first before he comes to talk to you as well as you, okay?" She demanded. I stared at her and shrugged about the future when Philip comes back into this room. "Fine, Aria. What else you want to torment me about? I asked, surrendering to the fact that she would ruin my life even more. She quickly returned with a smile. "Well... Today we were supposed to have someone arrive here for a job interview. He should be here any minute. I want you to be friendly to him and tell him where my office is while I try to tidy things up in there. Aria mentioned softly. I raised an eyebrow and formed a small grinned on my face. "Isn't it enough that you have all these people here, but you have to have more?" I asked her with a smile. Her nostrils flared up and quickly walked to the door. "Well, excused me. Can you just do this one thing without your little back talk? I am your boss you know." She growled. I nodded with a pity smile. She shrugged and went to her office down the hall. I laughed myself to tears. One point for... Gryffindor! I went back to the paperwork that Philip gave me earlier. This is way too much to read and stamp. One of them was about insurance on the building. Wait, why is this in my quarters? Doesn't it go to the secretary instead of me? Geez... I guess I have to bring it to her. I walked out my office with the mail that supposed to go to the secretary but didn't. As I walked up to the manager, A blonde haired guy with a cliché suit, a black blazer, black trousers, white dress shirt, black dress shoes, and a solid red tie. He seems like the one that Aria was talking about. Could he be the one that is asking for the job? He strolled towards me looking around the room, examining if he really wants to be here. His face sparked a smile on my face for some reason, but hey, if my face wants to laugh, and then let it smile I guess. He returned with a smile of his own. He has a great smile, shiny white teeth. He started to speak.