8: Chicanery

A/N

If you see this # in the chapter, play the music there. Thank you!

Robin's POV

The idea of practically having a one night stand and recording it is a little unsettling. I can't have this fail. This my only way to get out of this situation without some violence. I might have to do some anyway. I have a friend that can help talk out me out of it. Walter would be the perfect person to talk to. Hopefully, he wouldn't want to speak to me. The sky is covered with gray clouds. The cars in front of us driving moderately over the speed limit.

This fucking camera, sitting in my lap, is a cry for help and a tease. It can be my dream or my dream catcher. It is always bittersweet. The idea of being with someone for years to be beaten, rough non-consensual sex, and used like a fucking maid is an embarrassing position for anyone. It is never like in the movies where someone saves you before it is too late. You would eventually get used to the point of suicide or die by your lover's hands.

I can remember when he cheated on me with this woman named Rachel. She was a black strong willed woman. It was our second year together. Felix's aggressive behavior didn't come in just yet. I found them on the kitchen table banging away. It was painful to wish them to go at it like two teenagers on prom night in the bathroom. I couldn't believe it was happening. He had the nerve to ask if I wanted to join. She was encouraging me to be involved as well. I wasn't so happy to assist them. Now, I know now that I was just a toy for him. My usefulness has expired. You wouldn't play with the same toy over and over, wouldn't you?

Now out of nowhere, he wants me to sleep with another man for the sixth time. Rashid, Jake, Jamahl, Derek, and Lucien, I am so sorry you aren't here today. I should have run away with you when I had the chance. This wouldn't make a difference because Felix finds a way to kill you.

Dmitri was caressing my thigh tenderly. He knows I am afraid for my life. Honestly, I am scared for his. I don't want him to risk his life for me. This isn't a "Lifetime" movie where the victim is saved. If I were saved, it would only make me mourned for all the men I killed just for a petty fuck.

"You are a little quiet there. You haven't told me the plan, and we are almost there to my house." Dmitri mentioned coarsely, as he was turning towards a street. It was labeled 'Chicanery Boulevard.' Ironically, this is a form of trickery.

"I was going to just say we can take it slow with some foreplay and see where it goes from there," I said monochrome voice. Dmitri laughed softly, as we pulled up to a small parking lot.

It was an apartment complex. It seemed pretty expensive. Dmitri drove into an empty parking spot to a baby blue Volkswagen Beetle. He caught the engine off.

"We wouldn't bother anyone here. Usually around eight o'clock. Everyone is usually going out here. It the perks of living around privileged rich kids." Dmitri smiled at me, as he was gotten out the door gracefully.

He walked over and opened the door for me. I unbuckled myself and climbed out with the camera around my neck, dangling from its strap. He quickly closed the door and locked the car. "You know you should wear a seat belt." I scolded Dmitri jokingly. Dmitri pouted and wagged his finger at me.

"All right mom, I will. Let me be a little remarkable for a second." Dmitri smirked, as he turns around walking away from me.

"If you think a ticket or a coffin would be cool, then be my guest." I spat annoyingly, as I followed Dmitri to a locked door.

Dmitri grabbed his card. There were a keypad and a card reader on the side of the door. Fancy if you say so myself. Dmitri swiped his card through the card reader. The door chimed and locked.