Chapter 23: Fooled

Genevieve was still crying. After that Kathleen called her.

'Hi, hello Genevieve are you there. Are you fine?"
"Yeah I am fine take a breath"
"I was so worried for you I called you she several times at night and at morning."
"Yeah actually my Mobile's battery was so low and I don't had time to get up and put it on charging. I had so much pain in my back and wrist."
"I am so sorry that I am not there to help you."
"Its Ok. Michael was there to help me. He served me everything with all his effort and care. He was there for everything."
"Oh ho so this is the reason you missed my calls. Hmm did you enjoyed Genevieve."
"Stop kidding Kathleen bit the soup he bought for me was awesome I just loved it."
"Is this the soup you like or the man who bought it."
"Kaatthhhllleeen"
"What I was just teasing you"
"I am already sad he is no more mine."
"What do you mean to say"
"He is getting married today."
"What? Are you serious."
"Yeah"
"So you would be happy"
"Hmm, not that much."
"Oh so my madam is sad."
"I love him and cannot see him with Delia."

Suddenly phone ended due to some problem. Genevieve was putting her head under the pillow.

While Michael was getting ready for his wedding, he could heard loud laughter sounds. He thought that he should go down and be aware of the reason of the laughter.

He was about to knock and step inside the room suddenly he found his dad and mom laughing. Soon his dad stood up from the wheel chair and grabbed a glass of bear. His mom was also sharing some wine. Usually his mom don't drink wine instead of a big celebration.

He wanted to get inside to ask for the celebration. He was surprised to see his dad standing and laughing.

"We did it. I didn't lose my best friend. Thanks to my disease."

Michael couldn't believe what his father just said two minutes ago. His dad was a nice actor he thought. He cheated him so easily he was fooled by his own parents. His mom was also involved in this plan even she knew how much Michael loved Genevieve.

Michael face turned red and he kicked the door as hard as he could.

"You lose everything a friend, a son. You are so mean and heartless. WOW mom you are the best mom anyone could ever had."

He clapped and went back to his room.

How will I face Delia she is innocent.
Where as if I marry her:
1) My father will win and I will lose.
2) What about Genevieve? Can I forget her.
3) I will save Delia's self-respect.

Where as if I don't marry her:
1) I will get a chance to fail my father.
2) Genevieve will be mine.
3) May be no one will marry Delia due to our wealth mostly all the people attended the engagement ceremony. She will lose everything.

He felt so alone and was lying on his bed. Soon Ben called him and said that:

"Michael I am waiting for you at the church you mentioned. I thought I can come soon to accompany you."
"Everything spoiled"
"What are you saying? What happened any problem with Delia."

Michael cut the phone call. He don't wanted to talk. Even he ignored Ben's third call which bought Ben to his home.

"What happened speak up. Even movies have less suspense than your stories."
"Yeah I know that"
"What happened your bride is about to arrive there. And mister why your coat is kept on the floor and where is your shirt. You only have vest and pant. Get up make it quick."

He pushed him and Michael fell from the bed to floor. "
Michael uttho dayer ho rahi hai"
"What was that"
"Actually I went to watch a Hindi movie with my college friends so I learned it. It means get up make it quick."

Later Michael told him how his parents cheat him just to keep his best friend. I was fooled by them.

"What about Delia?" Said Ben.
"She did nothing until my knowledge"
"Then why are you thinking go get up its not her fault."
"But I don't want to marry her. May be she was also the part of the plan."
"I think it's not her fault"
"But"

Actually Michael had no interest in Delia. This was what Ben judged my his attitude but didn't want to weaken him by saying that.

Michael get up wore his shirt, tie and coat. He went to his father's room.

"You are not attending my marriage ceremony mom dad."

He left instead of hearing his parents apology. They both drove to the church and found Delia dressed in a bride gown. She was looking so beautiful and it reminds him of Genevieve.