Chapter 1: No Misperceptions

(Janelle in media)

*flashback*

I walked out of the hospital with tears rolling down my face. I never thought something like this would happen to me. I walked to my car and got in immediately turning on the heat. I just sat there crying as the rain started to pour down harder. I still couldn't come to realization that I had just lost both of my parents. Innocent lives took because of another person's irresponsible actions. Even tho I didn't have the heart to kill someone I really wanted to murder the man responsible for my parents death. If only he wasn't drinking and driving my mom & dad would still be here. I laid my head back as the tears continued to roll down my face and blur my vision. It had been 2 hours of me sitting there crying my eyes out before I cranked the car and headed back to my house only to have to face my younger brother and sister. I didn't know how I was gonna tell them but I knew I had too.
*flashback over*

I woke up sweating I was tired of dreaming about that night. Even though it had happened 2 months ago I feel like I relive that night every day. I looked over on the nightstand and grabbed my phone. It was already 6:00 in the morning which meant I only have 2 hours to get myself & my little brother and sister at school. I rolled out of bed and put on my favorite pink house shoes. The walk to jada's room was dreadful. Preparing myself to hear her cry and complain about having to get out of bed , I rolled my eyes just thinking about it. I opened her door and she was half way off the bed and her Cinderella blanket was only covering the bottom part of her body. I went over and picked her up, to only be 4 years old she was really heavy due to the fact she was a chubby kid. "nooo sissy pwease don't make me get up. I pwomise I will be good if you don't make me get up." she was already whining and she had only been up five min. Even tho it was adorable listening to her try to pronounce her words. " Jada if you get up now and let me help you take a bath then I will put an extra snack in your book bag." she tilted her head to the side and kissed my cheek then laid her head back down on my shoulder. "okay I stay up." On my way down the hall to the bathroom my brother and sister shared I peeked my head into my brothers room he was already up and getting his things together for a shower. "Jaden you can shower in my room because I am about to bath Jada in y'all bathroom." He just nodded his head and finished getting his clothes.

I walked into the bathroom and let jada use the potty while I started her a warm bubble bath. I put her favorite Dora bubble bath soap into the water and let it fill up half way. I put her in the tub and let her play with her bubbles and little bath toys for a while. "Sissy look at Cinderella. Isn't she pretty?" jada asked while showing me her Cinderella toy that was now covered in bubbles. "Yea jada she is pretty just like you." I said while playing w/ her curly hair. After 10 min I had her smelling good and out of the tub. I had her clothes already laid out on her bed. After getting her dressed she went into the living room to watch cartoons while I got ready. Walking into my room my brother was just coming out of my bathroom. He had that same sad look on his face that has been there every since our parents died. "Did you clean out my tub?" I asked while going into my closet to find something to wear. "yea man, I cleaned it out." he said while walking out of my room and down the hall. I rolled my eyes at him irritated with the fact that he referred to me as "man". That really irritates the hell out of me. I decided to wear my black tights and my black and white shirt that said Pink in big bold letters on the back. I threw my clothes onto my bed and went and took me a good 30 min shower .

After I got out of the shower and got dressed I put on my Uggs and MK watch. I grabbed the necklace my dad gave me on my 18 birthday and put it on while grabbing my things and heading to the front. Jada was on the couch watching cartoons while jaden was in the kitchen eating cereal. I went into the kitchen and got 2 pop tarts and put them in the toaster. While waiting on them to get done I fixed Jada's lunch and texted Alaysia letting her know I would come get her in about 20 min. I took out the pop tarts and gave Jada one. She smiled at me while stuffing her mouth. After she finished I put her lunch into her book bag and everyone went and got into the car. "Jada put your seat belt on." I said while pressing the button so it can open the garage . "I alweady have it on sissy. I big girl now!" she said while clapping her hands and smiling really hard. "Aye man turn on the heat it's cold in this b..." I turned around mugging Jaden & waiting for him to curse so I could punch him in his chest. He just put his earphones in and starred out the window. I turned on the heat and headed to Jaden school so I could drop his over grown ass off. He think just because he sixteen he can do whatever he want but I ain't even gonna let that shit fly. I made it to his school in less than 12 min. He just sat there looking at me like I was stupid. "What Jaden?" I asked already irritated. "Let me hold 20 dollars me and my girlfriend trynna go get pizza after school and I promised I would pay." I rolled my eyes and reached in my bag and handed him the money. He leaned up and kissed my cheek then did the same for Jada. "Bye pooh pooh head." Jada said while pinching his nose he just laughed and got out the car.