Chapter 4: Deception

( Diamond in the media )

Diamond P.O.V.

*Couple weeks later*

I woke up with a bad headache and a upset stomach . I had a doctors appointment at 10:00 and it was already 8:45. I sat up and quickly made my way to the bathroom down the hall so I could throw up . I guess my brother heard me because he knocked on the door asking if I was okay. Before I could pull myself together he opened the door and kneeled down beside me while rubbing my back. I looked up at him with sad eyes. I wanted to tell him the truth about why I had been so sick lately but I couldn't. I was afraid that he would be disappointed and ashamed of me. I was even more afraid that he would send me back to live with my mom.

"You okay Diamond?" he said while handing me a warm towel .

I simply nodded my head and wiped my mouth after brushing my teeth. Devin was about to walk out of the bathroom until I grabbed his wrist to catch his attention.
"I have a doctors appointment at 10:00 so I will be gone for a while." I said while trying my best not to look up at him.

"Do you want me to go with you?"

I looked up at Devin and slowly shook my head no. He gave me one last glance before leaving the bathroom. I got up and turned the shower all the way to hot with only a little cold. I knew it had to be at least 9:00 so I quickly took me a good 15 min shower. Stepping out of the shower I grabbed my big towel and rapped it around me while I brushed my teeth and gargled with Listerine. After I was done I went back into my room to find me something comfortable to wear. I decided on a pair of black tights that I got from PINK & a baby blue shirt that I got from there also. I slipped on my black UGG boots and headed to my vanity to apply a small amount of make up do to the bags under my eyes.

Putting the finishing touches to my make up I grabbed my jacket,purse,& phone and headed towards the kitchen. I got me a bottle of water before grabbing my brothers keys and walking out the house. The whole drive to the clinic I was nervous and my thoughts ran through my head like a train at full speed. I heard my cell phone ringing for the third time since I have gotten in the car. I hesitantly grabbed my phone and answered it.

"Bae where you at." Jaden's strong voice boomed through the phone.

"Out running some errands." I said while biting my lip in hopes that he believed my lie.

" Okay. Well check this out I am gonna pick you up at 6:00 tonight for a movie and dinner. How does that sound." he said and a smile instantly spread across my face.

"That sounds good baby but I have to go . I love you!" I said while pulling up to the clinic and cutting off the car.

"Okay beautiful I love you be ready at 6:00." Jaden said smoothly before hanging up.

I grabbed my purse and the keys from the ignition. The palms of my hands became moist as soon as I stepped foot out of the car. By the time I reached the entrance of the building small beads of sweats formed on my forehead. I was nervous as hell and with everyone starring at me it only made it worse. I walked up to the front desk and there sat a short black woman with short naturally curly hair. She looked up at me with a small smile plastered upon her face. Her long manicured nails still typing on the keyboard.

" Hello my name is nurse Jamie, how can I help you today?." she said while giving me her full attention.

"Hi, umm I have an appointment with Dr. Johnson I spoke with her yesterday." I said while grabbing the small two page packet from nurse Jamie and a clipboard.

" Yes Ms. Bradson , Dr. Johnson told me she would be expecting you. Well you just fill these papers out and she will see you as soon as your done."