Chapter 3: A Helping Hand

(Travis in the media)

Travis P.O.V.

I woke up with Janelle sleeping peacefully in my arms. I reached in my pocket and grabbed my phone it was 1:00 in the morning and here I was still at this girl's house. I guess we ended up falling asleep in the mist of me comforting her. I couldn't believe someone as beautiful as her was going through so much and still managed to keep a smile on her face . I kissed her cheek before getting up and grabbing my jacket. I seen a notebook on her dresser so I wrote her a letter and set it on her nightstand.

I am sorry that I won't be here when you wake up but I have to get home so I can be ready for school and football practice in the morning . I hope you slept good and I really enjoyed spending time with you. If you need ANYTHING you call me Janelle. I am gonna leave some money here for you . Please take this money I want to do anything I can to help with your situation . I will see you tomorrow !!

Travis

I reached in my back pocket and grabbed my wallet . I pulled out a stack of hundreds and set it on her nightstand beside the note. I kissed her forehead then left locking her front door behind me. I got into my car and pulled off heading straight to my building. I was so ready to get the hell in the house it was cold as hell outside. Parking my car into the garage I got out and locked my doors heading to the front entrance of my building . I checked my mailbox grabbing the mail out and locking it back up. I started scanning through the mail on my way to the elevator . Everything seemed to be junk mail except for the letter that stood out the most.

Walking into my condo I locked the door and started opening the letter without hesitation. As I was reading the letter tears came to my eyes I couldn't believe what I was reading. I had been waiting on this letter for the last 6 years & here it was right in front of me. I couldn't explain the joy that I felt at this very moment. My brother was finally coming home from over seas. This shit was really real. My big brother was coming home. He had been over seas fighting for our country for 6 long years. To say I miss him would be an understatement. I was just glad my big brother was coming home!

I set the letter down on the island in the kitchen and walked to the fridge grabbing a bottle of Gatorade. A nigga was thirsty as a bitch. I walked into my room and set my jacket on the end of the bed. I went into the bathroom and turned the shower all the way to hot. I stripped out of my clothes eager to get into the shower. While washing my body and letting this hot water ease my muscles I couldn't stop thinking about Janelle. Man that girl had been on my mind a lot lately. I can't even lie I am shocked that she even let me talk to her . I have been trying to get with her since the beginning of the year and she just now paying a nigga some attention. She was worth all the time I put into her though. She is more than I expected too. I always thought of her as just a pretty face with a thick waist but she was more than that. Janelle was a really good person she make a nigga want to change and get his act together.

After my shower I brushed my teeth and walked into my room with my towel still around my waist. That is one benefit that I have with living by myself I can walk around this bitch naked all day. I dropped my towel and grabbed my remote and got into my California King size bed. I turned on the tv settling with re-runs of Family Guy. I watched that for a while before I started to get sleepy. I grabbed my phone off the night stand sending Janelle a goodnight text. After setting my alarm and plugging my phone up I went straight to sleep.

Janelle P.O.V

I woke up feeling good. I turned to my side and to my surprise Travis wasn't there. I just shrugged my shoulders not to worried about it. I reached over on my night stand to grab my phone but ended up grabbing a stack of money instead. I picked up the paper beside the money and it all started to make since. I was grateful for what Travis was doing for me. I never met anyone who would do something like this just to help me. I counted the money and it was almost 2,000 dollars and to someone like me who is in the situation I am in that is a lot of money . I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face. I picked up my phone and called him but to my surprise he didn't answer. It was 6:00 in the morning so he was probably at football practice. So I just sent him a thank you text instead.