Chapter Seven

If it werent for the bright sunlight shining through the window, I probably wouldve continued my deep sleep.

I held my hand in my face to block the sun and blinked a couple times to regain my vision. Looking around the room, I came to a horrific discovery.

This isnt my room.

I ran my hands along the bed and it was, admittedly softer than mine. The covers were also plain white, unlike my covers which are bright orange.

I jumped out of bed and found out that I wasnt in the outfit I wore at the carnival. Instead, I was in a boy's t shirt, which went just past my bum. Thankfully, all of my underwear was still on.

I walked to the bedroom door, feeling only a little bit dizzy. I remember last night perfectly. Well, up to the part where I got knocked out cold. But I remember the fight and all of last night's event.

What I wanted to know was why was Julio and Asher fighting anyways?

Kicking the thoughts aside for now, I opened the door only a crack and observed my surroundings. When I saw that no one was around, I stepped out of the room.

A long, carpeted staircase caught my eye. It led to the downstairs area, where I could already see a beautiful, crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

The owner of this house is clearly very wealthy.

When I heard movements from downstairs, I ran back to the bedroom I woke up in super quickly.

"Oh good, you're up," a familiar voice said. I jumped and turned around, only to see Asher.

Fresh out of the shower.

His abs, which I'd first seen at school in the gym, were exposed. And looked even better when water was drizzling down his body. He had on a pair of gym shorts, sagging on his waist a bit, exposing the stretch band of his boxers.

I made sure to glue my eyes on his so he wouldnt be able to know that I was completely checking him out.

"Why am I here?" I asked him, trying to keep my cool. Hello! A sexy, shirtless guy is in the same room as me. I'm a virgin, but if I look over his body one more time, that title could change in the blink of an eye!

"Someone had to take you home, right?" he asked with a shrug. He tossed the towel that he had been using to dry himself on the bed.

My mind quickly raced to my dad. I didnt come home last night, even though I promised I would.

"Oh my God, Asher! My dad will kill me if I--"

"Dont worry," he interrupted me. "The good thing about your sister giving me her number is that I could text her and ask her to cover for you."

I never thought I could be so happy about Miracle having Asher's number.

I sighed a sigh of relief and shifted on my feet, uncomfortablly. What now?

I asked the question that had been killing me inside. "Why did you and Julio get into a fight last night?" I blurted out.

His jaw clenched a bit as he looked out into space. He was cute when he was mad.

"Just something I saw," he said as calmly as he could.

"What was that?" I continued.

He glared at me like I should already know. But I dont know. Not the slightest clue.

"You know," he told me.

I crossed my arms over my chest and sighed. "Ya know, I could probably focus more if you had on a shirt right now."