Chapter Twelve

[ October 31 ]

"Charlie," Abby said again. "Calm down. You look great!"

"I'm just so nervous," I told her and bit my lip.

Actually, I'm nervous and excited.

I'm actually going to the Halloween Dance... with a date!

And not just any date. No no. This is Asher James.

I dont know what to expect.

"Just calm down," Abby told me. "And remember, Asher likes you too."

That filled my stomach with a bunch of angry butterflies. Just the thought of Asher actually liking me was enough. Although, according to the deal, he has to be IN LOVE with me for me to win.

This damn bet.

I wish I could just turn back time and take the bet back. But unfortunately, science hasnt come up with a time machine yet, so that's not going to happen.

I hopped out of Abby's car and stared at the school's gym. The outside was decorated with fake cobwebs, (at least I think they're fake. This school is pretty old) and, possibly, fake spiders.

I turned to Abby. "What if I embarrass myself?" I asked her.

She sighed and fluffed my dress. "You look gorgeous!" she said. "You couldnt embarrass yourself if you tried!"

I looked at my reflection in her shiny, clean car. I had on a lot of red blush, a little red lipstick, and some eye makeup. Abby said that it made the costume come to life.

I'm a natural brunette, so the wig didnt really change my look at all. But I'm not used to pigtails, so that was a change.

We both walked to the gym doors.. More like Abby walking and me being dragged by her.

"Charlie!" she said. "Asher's gonna love your costume! It'll be great!"

Before I could protest any further, she opened the doors.

The room was filled with smoke from the smoke machine. I saw a bunch of cobwebs and vampire/ghosts statues. It made it hard to even see people.

I walked in beside Abby, in her fairy outfit. The first thing I saw was a lot of weird looking teens.

These people were dressed in everything. From vampires, to werewolves; from super heros, to super villans. Hell, I even saw one kid who I guessed was suppose to be Mickey Mouse.

These people are really embracing their youth.

I started looking around for Asher. But I didnt know who anyone was!

That's when someone spun me around by my waist, and I immediately noticed who it was.

"Asher," I said and grinned. I looked over his outfit.

How can this guy make a pirate outfit look so sexy?

He had on a baggy, white shirt with little rips in it. His brown pants were baggy, too. And he also had on some brown pirate boots, and a red bandana.

He was definetely out of his comfort zone.

And honestly, he looked like the younger version of Orlando Bloom in Pirates of the Caribbean. And we all know how cute Orlando Bloom is.

"Hey there, Dorothy," he said with smirked.

Damn that smirk.

"Haha," I said. I realized that his hands were still on my waist. I bit my lip and looked at the ground. "Uh, your...." I stammered.