chapter 3

"Nat? Are you here yet?" Wess called as he closed the door to the apartment .

"In here!" I called quietly. 

"Hey" He said with a blank expression on his face. He tossed his keys on the coffee table.

"Hi..." I said as I brushed imaginary dirt off my pants. He walked into the kitchen and motioned for me to follow. I did. 

"You hungry?" he asked softly 

"Sorta, but I don't want to eat." I said rubbing my tummy. 

"Well I'm making you eat." he said making a sandwich for me and him. He handed me mine 

"What is it?" I asked taking a bite.

"Peanut butter and jelly" he told me. The he stuffed half into his mouth. 

"Oh, okay" After we ate he sat down next to me and sighed. He smelled like cologne and sweat. "You smell like cologne and sweat." I told him. 

"Thanks?" He asked, not sure if it was a compliment or insult. It was meant to be both.

"So, you wanted to talk?" I asked awkwardly. 

"Ya, what are you.... I mean we going to do?" he asked 

"I don't know I'm not having an abortion and I don't really want to give this baby up,  Wess." 

"I know....I don't either" 

"But, I can't do this alone!!" 

"Your not alone" he told me as he grabbed my hand 

"But, what you don't get Wess, is that my mom is never home. Katy and I are always together, but i don't want to put this pressure on her. Her family has practically taken me in since i was three! I can't ask them to help me!" I told him, pulling my hand away so i could cover my face and let the tears fall. 

"But what you don't get Nat, is that I'm here I've always been here and I always will be" He pulled my hands away from my face and wiped my tears. "I always will be" He said again. I'm not sure if he was reassuring me or himself. All of a sudden I didn't feel so good. So I pushed him away and ran for the bathroom. I puked in the toilet. It was bad enough I couldn't breath because I was puking. My stomach hurt so bad that I was crying. I couldn't breath at all. "Are you okay?" Wess asked sounding worried, from where he stood by the bathroom door. I couldn't reply so he came into the bathroom and held back my hair. I don't remember much after that. 

I woke up to an alarm going off. BEEP BEEP BEEP!!! "Get up Nat!" Wess yelled from another room.

"No! I'm tried!" I yelled sleepily. 

"You've slept like twelve hours. How can you be tired?!" He said waking out of the bathroom. 

"Because I'm pregnant!" I said covering my face with a pillow. It smelled like shampoo. 

"What do you have planned after school?" He asked grabbing a shirt.

"I have a check up then maybe going over to Katy's" I told him as I got up. 

"Oh, I have a meeting sorry" 

"It's okay. Katy already told me she'd go"

"Oh, okay..." He said putting on his shoes. 

"Can you drive me to Katy's?" I asked, He nodded and we left, locking the door. The ride was quite. Katy must have saw the car pull up because she ran out the front door of her house with a bag.

"Change fast" She said as she threw the bag of clothes at me. I climbed into the front seat of her car. This is how we changed whenever we snuck out or came from a boyfriends. I slid on a t-shirt and shorts, while she climbed in the drivers seat. Wess was already gone. My phone rang it was my friend Chris. 

"Hello?" I asked 

"Is it true Nat are you pregnant?" She asked worried. 

"Who told you that?" 

"Veronica" 

"I'm gonna kill her!" 

"So are you?" 

"Yes" 

"Oh my God, this isn't good. Not at all" 

"It's fine" 

"NO! Do you not understand how much this is going to ruin me!" She screeched 

"What do you mean you?" 

"I mean you this is gonna ruin ypu!" I hung up as soon as we pulled into the parking lot. The car was instantly surrounded by teens asking me if it was true. So i stood up really aggravated and yelled

"I'M PREGNANT OKAY! SO LEAVE ME ALONE. IS THAT CLEAR? I'M PREGNANT. SO DON'T ASK ME!" Everyone gasped. I smiled and sat back down in the car.

"You wanna skip? Mom and dad aren't home" Katy told me and i nodded. 

Katy and I got ice cream and pizza, then watched a few movies until it was time for my doctors appointment, which was at 2:30. Katy let me take her car. I drove there, it only took 20 minutes. My doctor was waiting at the door for me, I was her first appointment today. 

"Hello Natalie" she said with a smile and began leading me into a room. She had me lay on the bed and she put some cold gel on my tummy. She moved it around for a bit before her eyes got huge! She then walked out and quickly brought another doctor into the room with her. The two of them started whispering back and forth before they turned to me and smiled. "Hun, you're having triplets" They said before walking out together. I wasn't prepared for one let alone three!