Chapter 28

~Unknown POV~

      Hearing a buzzing noise next to me I awoke to discover what it was. My scroll bright with my cousins name on it. Slowly I brought the scroll to my ear, "Yes Max, it's three a.m."

    "Hey I know it's early, but did you hear the news?" By now I sat up my head rubbing the scruff of my chin.

   "What news is important to wake me up?" I slowly walked to the room containing my heiress, and  peeked inside, seeing her blue piercing eyes glaring at the door. Before she could protest I walked away.

   Max coughed, "That Schnee girl has disappeared. It's all over man. They say she is one of the best fighters in the school, and she was picked up and taken away in the middle of the night. So how could she just be taken like that is amazing," he paused for a moment. "The boss is going to lose his mind. We are going to all be called in just to start a search party."

   "Max," I said loudly, "I don't care! As long as I get a pay check I will be okay. Now will you stop calling me at this time."

    Quickly I ended the call and made a small breakfast, and pushed open the door, revealing Weiss, "Here, try not to spill this one." I set it down inches away and pushed it to her, hitting her lightly in the knees. She looked down before picking up the toast and taking a bite.

    I smiled at her, turned on my heel, and began to walk away. "Ruby will find me you know. You can't get away with this! Why not just let me go?"

    I had reached the door before turning, "because I love you more than Ruby ever could." I closed the door locking it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I haven't updated lately, I had a bit of a scare last weekend. I will update more often.