Chapter 9

After the school bell rings I almost drag Tobias out the school. I push him into the car and jump in myself.

"What's the rush?" he asks turning the engine one.

I put on my seatbelt and he backs out. "Well I actually want to go to Zeke and Uriah's party tonight. And I have to inform my mother about it, call Christina with the answer, because she wants to buy me a new party dress and heels. I told her I got it, but she wouldn't budge on the offer. And then get there and back home by whatever time she says."

Tobias shakes his head holding a laugh in. "Ok." Is all he says before leaving the school.

When I get to David's house I push in saying a quick hello to Caleb and wondering how he would always get home so quick. I rush upstairs and putting down my backpack and taking off my shoes and back down the stairs finding Caleb gone. Out the door, locking it, and back into the ocean.

"Mom!" I called when I finally got home.

"Yes!" she called back.

"Mom can I go to a party at a friend's house? Its tonight and a friend Christina offered to buy me a dress for tonight even though I offered to get it myself but she wouldn't let me. Sooo can I, please? She wants me to call her with the answer."

Mom smiles at me. "I remember my first teen party. Probably a little different now but I begged my mother to go. Sure hon, you may go. And because I trust you, you may stay the night at David's tonight. But be in by 11:00." I smile widely and gave her a tight hug saying many thanks. She smiles at me and I leave.

Back at the house I used David's home phone dialing Christina's number she wrote down for me one a piece of scrape paper. It rang 3 times before she answered.

Chris- Hello

Tris-Hey, its Tris. A party is a go. She squeals.

Chris-Perfect, I'll text Four and get your address and I'll be there in 10 minutes.

With that we hang up and I sat on the couch pushing out a breath and trying to settle down her excited nerves.

And like Chris and promised she was here in 10 minutes in the dot. I hopped in the car and she sped off.

"I like your house. It's tiny and cozy. And right by the ocean too."

"Thanks." I answer.

"So, I forgot to tell you over the phone but the Marlene, Shauna and Lynn are going to be meeting us there."
"Oh, ok." The rest of the drive to the mall I end up listing up the radio. Christina turns it up on this one song.

"I love this song. Someone Like You by Adel" She starts to sing some of the lyrics.

I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now.
I heard that your dreams came true.
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you.

Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
But I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it.
I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded
That for me it isn't over.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you too
Don't forget me, I beg
I'll remember you said,
Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead,