Chapter 7

Out of anybody in the entire class she had to pair me with him. The boy who has a smile called The Devil's Grin. I mean seriously! I don't notice someone sitting beside me until I feel a soft tug on my hair. I turn around and there sits the boy himself looking completely bored and annoyed.

"My hair really?" I ask and bit the insides of my cheeks. He shrugs and looks at our blank paper.

"It was the closest thing to me. And I just really wanted to touch it." and his eyes soften. For a half a second.

"One, that's weird on so many levels and two, why." He sucks in a breath before shaking his head at me and gives me a glare. I'm guessing this really isn't an evil glare but a pained one telling me he was done with this conversation. "Anyways, I want this to be over as much as you do. So have any ideas?"

I think for a second and multiple ideas pop into my head but quickly dismiss them. "No, not really."

He rolls his eyes and looks at a piece of binder paper with neat handwriting and half a page full of ideas. "Fine, well I have some. But, I want us to agree on this so I'll run a few by you before we start our rough draft." He licks his lips and lists a few things. "The beach, sunset, the mountains, woods, rivers at sunset, waterfalls, grasslands, purple skies, or if you a really up for a challenge, the northern lights." He finishes.

"Um, I was thinking," I'm not entirely sure what some of these things are. The beach is too predictable and I don't want to do water, "mountains. We could do it in pencil if you want."

"Whatever the lady wants." He jokes and grabs takes the paper and starts drawing. I watch him for a second as he traces out what the mountains would look like. Then he takes a black thick stick and a plain piece of paper and just draws a blob of dark pencil?

"What is that?" I ask pointing to his dark stick.

"Charcoal. It's good for shading and dark skies. All you have to do is rub it in to even it out. It looks better when it's finished." He says taking out a white ball and spreading the charcoal above the mountains.

He must have gotten annoyed at my questions because he stops answering them. Finally he looks at me. "Just stop okay. I'll do all the work and put our names on it if you just stop talking." I shrink back into my seat.

"Sorry." I say quietly and cross my arms over my chest. He looks at me, his eyes softer but still serious and turns back around and continues with his work. He draws until the period is over. He packs his things and leaves the classroom without another glance back at me.

In gym today we all just played a friendly game of volleyball. Something I actually really enjoyed and found it very easy to play. The only bad thing about it was that my wrists and hands were red. I leaned against Tobias's truck blowing on my hands to cool the stinging.

"You ready?" he asks setting a hand on my shoulder and ushering me to the car door.

"You know it." I answer as I buckle my seatbelt. He smiles and closes the door.

I know it's much shorter than the others but I will update soon. I hope everyone is enjoying there Christmas break off from school. I am going to go ahead and tell you pansy cakes I won't be updating from Wednesday to Saturday. Bye pansies😘😘😘