Chapter 15: Silent Treatment

She looked up at Jake and frowned before gently pulling away. Now it was that moment when she heard a loud growl. She turned her head and her heart fell from what she saw from afar.

Zach.

He stood there, with a stern look drawn upon his face. His devilish eyes were dark. Dilated. Burning. Furious.

Before she knew it, she was pulled away from Jake as Zach slammed him against the lockers. Anna gasped. Eyes burning, both glared at each other.

"Zach, please, stop," she begged while tugging at his shirt. His body was shaking and she wasn't sure if she should worry about it.

Hearing her pleading voice, Zach pushed Jake against the lockers and turned around to face Anna. In one swift movement, he swept her off her feet and brought her on his shoulder. A soft gasp escaped her lips.

Ignoring her pleads to put her down, he went straight out of the building and towards the training grounds. After a few minutes, Anna was brought down on her feet. She looked around and realized she was inside a locker room. She jumped a little when she heard the door close behind her.

"Zach?"

Silence.

Anna turned. Zach stood at the dark corner of the room. His lips was formed in a tight line. He was angry. She knew that. But she wanted to tell him that there wasn't anything to worry about. Jackson Anderson was her friend.

"Go change," he said, his voice so deep and calm that it made her want to shake in fear.

"Fo-For what?" she stuttered.

"I'm training you."

She frowned. "Y-You are?"

"Yes."

He opened a locker and took some workout clothes and shoes inside. He handed the clothes and shoes to her and she hesitantly accepted it. Feeling his eyes watching her every movement, she walked towards the bathroom and quickly changed. She wore a tight tank top, tight shorts, and shoes with her size. It showed off her legs and arms. Something she wasn't comfortable showing around. Nevertheless, she tied her hair in a bun and took a deep breath.

Once she walked out, Zach was standing there, arms crossed over his chest. His face was emotionless yet she flushed a little with the way his eyes devoured her body.

She cleared her throat.

Getting out of his trance, Zach walked out and gestured for her to follow him. They entered a room where there were training equipment for almost everything. Men and women were grunting and sweating everywhere. The air smelled of a mixed fragrance of odor and perfume. She scrunched her nose.

"Get down on the ground," Zach's deep voice spoke behind her.

Anna looked at him. "What?"

"Now, Kitten."

She slowly got down to her knees and sat down on the ground, legs pressed together and feet touching the floor. Zach knelt before her and laid his hands on her shoulders, gently pushing her down to lay her back on the floor.