Chapter Nine Part One

Chapter nine part one:

(Dante)

I glanced at her from the corner of my eye,   for some reason I couldn’t take my eyes off her.   To any normal guy she wasn’t something to look at, but to me she was so extremely beautiful, even with the frumpy clothes and the thick make-up.  I turned my attention back to the road I slowed for the bend and then speed up again. I loved the sound my car made when I accelerated; it was such a meaty growl.

I smiled slightly and glanced at her again, this time I caught her looking at me.  I smiled at her and she turned away and stared out the window, I could tell she was embarrassed. I was happy she had chosen me over him, even though it wasn’t major; it still felt good to know she would rather spend time with me.  I knew I grinning like a manic, but I couldn’t get my cheeks to relax, they kept pulling my lips into a smile.  I really needed to get some self-control, because I couldn’t stop myself from looking at her. But this time when I caught her eye she didn’t look away. She held my eyes captive, I stared into her violet eyes, they were the most amazing colour eyes I think I’ve ever seen.

Subconsciously I leaned closer to her, suddenly her eyes snapped back to that ice cold blue colour. She leaned back and looked away out the windscreen. Suddenly her eyes were wide and gold. “WATCH OUT!” She screamed.  My head whipped around to the front, I saw a tall dark figure standing in the middle of the road. I slammed on the brakes and yanked the steering wheel to the left, but the turn was too sharp. Suddenly we were flipping over and over, I managed to pin Harmony to her seat with my arm, while I held on to the steering wheel with a death grip.

Even with my strength we were still thrown around in there like rag dolls, we tumbled through shrubs and brushes on the side of the road, until the roof connected with a tree, stopping us. The sudden stop jarred us; I went flying into the dash, hitting my head on something hard. The last thought I had before I backed out was. I hope Harmony’s alright.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------