Chapter Nine Part Two

Chapter nine Part Two: (A.N Dedication to ma homie Taylah also known as FlyingNinjaRainbow, cause she be awesome and made my new cover :D

(Amrit)

I watched with gritted teeth as he dragged her to his car and speed off. I used the link I had made earlier to hack into his mind. That stupid boy was filled with happiness that she’d chosen him over me. I felt a tug on my sleeve; I dragged my eyes away from the road to look down at the tall red head in front of me. Even though she was tall I still had to look down to see her eyes.

“Hey, are you listening?” she asked as her pale green eyes narrowed in anger. I reached out to grab her hand, immediately I focused on her eyes, staring through them into her soul, reading it. I was now hacked into her mind, it was so easy it only took a second and I knew everything about her. Including what she’d just said a few minutes ago.

“Yes I was, you were asking if I was planning to go to your party on Saturday” I said, I saw the surprize in her mind, she wasn’t used to being listened to. She gave me a 100 watt smile. “Well are you?” she asked and leaned a little closer, pulling the already low cut top down further. I inwardly cringed, what happened to girls these days? Most of them looked like common prostitutes. I smiled none the less and replied in a husky tone “Most definitely”. She smiled back at me seductively.

I turned and started walking away, out of the gates. “Hey! Where are you going?” she shouted out behind me. I gave her a half smile over my shoulder “Got to go take care of something” I answered and stared jogging down the road. Once I was far enough away, and no-one could see me, I stopped and closed my eyes.

I concentrated and pictured the place I wanted to go; suddenly I got the feeling of free falling, when it feels like your stomach is in the back of your throat. My eyes flew open as my feet found purchase on the ground. The feeling gone as fast as it came.

I looked around the room, my eyes drawn to the huge chandelier that hung above my head.  I saw the hundreds of reflections of myself staring back. The little glass crystals moving slightly, making little rainbow appear each time they moved in the late afternoon light.

I sighed and made my way towards the grand staircase, slowly I climbed up to the third storey. The third level of the house opened out into a large open space, filled with rows of different flowers. I wandered around for what felt like hours, studying all the different flowers. I picked a white rose and took it over to the railing. I stared out over the nicely manicured lawns, over the great wall that surrounded my property at the dark horizon. I twirled the rose between my fingers; somehow it reminded me of Harmony.

Harmony…I gritted my teeth, why had she gone off with that dickl? I shook my head, pulling a few of the petals out, watching them flutter to the ground. I really don’t know why I liked her so much, the first time I had seen her she was hunched over, making it look like she have a hump, crying as the make-up ran down her face. Yet I was fascinated by her, something I hadn’t been in many centuries.

I brought my eyes up from the now mangled rose, to see something in the distance move. I narrowed my eyes and tried to focus on it. But all of a sudden a piercing pain ripped through my throat. I felt blood gurgle up into my mouth; I could just see the fletching of an arrow, under my chin.

I fell to the ground, totally paralyzed. I could feel were the arrow head had sliced between the vertebras in my neck. As well as slicing open my jugular vein somehow. My blood flowed like a river from the wound, pooling around me. Shit I thought as everything started to fade I hate dying.

(Dante)

Slowly I managed to open my eyes, shit my head hurt, a lot. It was dark, but luckily I had enhanced vision, although it wasn’t total night vision. I couldn’t see stuff clear as day, but I could still make things out. And I couldn’t see Harmony anywhere.