Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Kat

I've always hated planes. It's weird, even before I was born into stardom my family travelled frequently, but I still don't like flying. 

Percy and I sped down the runway in our private jet. Our management insisted that we go privately, not in a public plane. We don't like being secluded from the public, that includes fans even when they annoy the heck out of us.

"Good morning everyone, we will be ascending altitude for the next few minutes. Please remain seated and refrain from using electronics until we have reached our height expectancy. We will be arriving at the London airport in approciemently three and a half hours." The captain said, his eerily cheery voice boomed through the fuselage. 

"Ugh, no twitter?!" Percy wailed from my left,

"Come on, Perc. The fans will forgive you if your aren't on twitter for less than four hours." I scoffed, rolling my eyes. She gave me her signature puppy dog face, which made even me (sleep subdued and cranky) weak in the knees. Her normally big blue eyes were the size of saucers as she tucked her sunny blond hair behind her ears, clasping her hands together and jutting her lower lip out. She was a vision of innocence. 

"Oh not the face! Percy, stop it. I can't handle the face, babe!" I shielded my eyes with my hands. I was not going to let her puppy dog face ruin me again. 

I peeked through my finger, mistake one. She had only gotten sadder, which was a huge feat considering she looked devastated already. 

Then I removed my hands from my face, mistake two. She grabbed my shoulder and gripped onto it as if for dear life.

"Twitter. Is. My. Life." She whispered, I haven't the foggiest idea how she could possibly make her eyes water, but she did. Tears rimmed her bottom eyelashes, which caused me to cave, mistake three. Percy gladly took the opportunity to douse me with her water bottle.

"Told you I'd break you." She grinned maniacally, clearly amused by my pure flabbergast. My jaw hung open. Percy was always so sweet, I never even thought about seeing that coming. 

"PERCY EVERLYNN I'M GOING TO KILL-"

"Kat, shush!" Dorothy, our head manager, sneered. She clearly wasn't very impressed by my sudden outburst, but come on I'm ADHD, you kind of have to come to expect it! I rolled my eyes and squished my butt, which was absolutely soaked thanks to Percy's water, further into the seat. 

"When we're able to get up, you can change into some of my clothes. I packed them in my carry-on because I'd been planning to do that ever since this morning when you splashed hot tea in my face." There's my Percy, caring and adorable. I smiled at her, thank goodness for best friends!

~~~

"I still can't believe that a year ago we were just your average best friends from a small town..." Percy shook her head back and forth in disbelief after I'd changed into a pair of her sweats. 

"Yeah, no kidding."

"We got discovered off of YouTube." She snickered.

"You totally nailed the high note in Cannonball though!" I shoved her shoulder as her cheeks blushed a deep shade of crimson.

"It's too bad that we didn't do a song with rap in it, they could've seen your rapping skills off the bat instead of discovering it as a shocker a few months later." She smiled, resting her head in her hands. I guess she was trying to hide her flushed cheeks.

As far as Forget Me Not goes, Percy's the melody, I'm the rap. Occasionally, I sing in our songs for harmonies or what have you but the majority of the time I spit out the beats.