The Hospital Visit

Colin's POV

"I love you Colin" said Jen between kisses.

"I love you too. I can't believe I almost lost you."

"I don't know I would do if you weren't in my life."

"Is that an invitation to take the next step in our relationship?"

"Maybe" said Jen as she straddled my lap and layed her head against my chest.

"I'd wait for eternity to have you Jen."

She lifted her head off my chest and smiled at me, a hint of hope in her eyes. She went in to kiss me and as soon as our lips joined I was pulled back into reality.

"Colin? Wake up, please" said a familiar female voice with desperation in her speech.

I opened my eyes and recognized the woman in my room.

"Helen? How are you here, I thought you were in Ireland."

"I heard that you had been in an accident so I hopped on a plane to come see you."

"You said you never wanted to see me again, what's changed?" I said maybe a bit too harshly but I needed to know.

"I realized I was being a bit dramatic and I'm sorry."

"But you said you didn't love me anymore and that's not the only time you've said that. Look, if you're saying that you want to fix things between us again I don't know if I want to anymore. I've had my heart broken too many times when you say you don't love me and I can't go through that again."

"I thought you would be a bit more understanding. I do love you and I was foolish to say otherwise."

"You don't just tell your husband you don't love them multiple times and expect to be forgiven. Trust me, it's been extremely hard for me. Not seeing Evan and knowing that my own wife doesn't love me! You have no idea how that feels and I have no interest in fixing this so you can just go back to Ireland."

By this time, Helen looked furious and tears were falling down her face.

"Fine. I don't want to fix this anyways so I'll just move on and find someone who truly loves me, not some bastard with no heart!"

"Don't start playing the innocent card! Maybe you should stop accusing me for all of this and take a long hard look at yourself! You're causing all the problems but are blaming me for it and you know what? I've had it! So get out before I have to ask someone to escort you out."

"Fine!" Helen screamed but before she left the room she turned back around. "But before I leave, since I still have a heart, Evan said he wanted to see you" she said that since I still have a heart part sarcastically.

"Daddy!" Evan said as he jumped up in my arms and hugged me.

"Hey buddy! I've missed you so much little man."

"Are you coming home with us?"

I just stared at him and put on a fake smile but it didn't stop the tears from falling.

"Why is daddy crying?"

"I'm sorry buddy but your mom and I aren't living together anymore. You're going back to Ireland with mama and I'm staying here. I won't be able to see you for a very long time."

"No daddy come with us!" Evan started crying and I along with him.

"It's ok bud don't cry. I'll see you again ok? Can you wait for me?" Even though I was talking to a toddler I said it very seriously.

"Yes daddy! See you soon" and with that he hugged me again and I kissed his forehead.

"Bye Evan! I love you!"

"Love you too daddy!"

Helen closed the door and I cept crying. I would not be seeing Evan anytime soon but I didn't want him to know that. It's been bad enough that he is in Ireland most of the time and not with me but now I don't feel welcome to see him, not with Helen around.

I took off my wedding ring and threw it into the trash.

A nurse came in and handed me my dinner.

"You're lucky to have minor bruises after the impact you took."

"That's good to know."

"But sadly you're friend was not so fortunate."

"What!? What's wrong with Jen?"

"You haven't been told? Oh my opologies. She has some brain damage and a fractured arm."

"Can I see her?"

"Yes. Follow me."

The nurse directed me to Jen's room and said she was still asleep from the pills they gave her.

I turned the handle on the door and walked in the dark room. I walked up to her bedside and knelt down beside her and held her hand.

"I know you probably can't hear me but I just finished things with Helen. I can't lose you Jen. Please wake up."

I stood up and kissed her forehead. She was really beaten up. Her arm was in a sling and there were bruises all over. Even though the bruises covered her, they didn't hide her beauty.

I walked out of the room and back to mine. The doctor was waiting for me in my room and said I would be released tomorrow but Jen needed a few days to recover.

That night all I could think about was Jen and how broken she looked the night we fought and now she was broken physically.

"Goodnight Jen."

I started crying while I was writing this! I will definitely be adding more scenes with Colin and Evan, their relationship is just so sweet and I'm not that heartless to never let Colin see Evan again.

Please comment and tell me what you think, vote if you think it deserves one and if you aren't following me then please consider doing so!