Bliss Before The Storm

Summer break is here which hopefully means I can move this ff along without me falling off the edge of the world again... I haven't had any inspiration for OBE so I was gonna cut it short but I was in the shower this morning trying to brainstorm and by golly it hit me! PLEASE comment your thoughts!!!!!!!

Since its been so long here's a refresher:
- Colin remembers everything and is on his way to Jen
- Grant was enjected with the memory loss serum (memory loss for him? You'll see but not in this chapter)
- Helen is supposedly good after helping Colin
- Colin's 'double' has been filling in for him during filming

Don't start listening to the song above until you see this ●●●●● you don't have to watch the video I just couldn't find the video with just lyrics

Jen's POV

These past few weeks with Colin in the hospital have been like steering a ship in a storm. Just when I think there's peace a merciless wave knocks me from behind. The views of Once have decreased tremendously every Sunday because Colin's 'double' has been filling in. The cast and crew get daily tweets saying they want their pirate back and several have threatened to stop watching the show. None of us have had the heart to tell Colin; because we know that he'll put on a brave face and press through even though he should be resting.

Today has been the hardest of them all... We were filming a captainswan scene and there was a kiss. Usually when I see that there's a captainswan scene I get excited, who says my OTP can't be my own character with someone? But I don't just enjoy the scene for the show, or publicity, or because they're my OTP. The way Colin smiles and caresses my cheek, that feeling of utter bliss as his lips lock with mine, that's what makes my stomach churn. Colin's 'double', although meant to look like Colin, doesn't have his smile, his hair that often falls over his face, or his ocean blue eyes.

But for the sake of the show I have to pretend that it's Colin holding me in his embrace and not some phony. Well that's what acting is right - just pretend.

"Hey Jen, how are you doing?" Josh questioned coming up behind me after we finished filming the last scene for the night.

"Honestly, I don't know" I half chuckled half sighed. Josh just glanced at me with a knowing smile and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I know this has been hard for you, losing Colin and all, but you need to move on. He wouldn't want you to stop living your life."

"You always know precisely what to say don't you."

"Ha, well I am charming." I roll my eyes at his childishness.

"I'm serious Jen. You've been staying up late worrying about what will happen and what you could have done different, but let me just say you couldn't have done anything to better the situation. You should go see him."

"Why would he want to see me after I raised my voice at him - again?" I choke as tears prick my eyes.

"I have a feeling he's regretting what he said." I look at him in confusion as a slight smirk spreads across his features as he looks down at his phone. "I've gotta get home before Ginny gets worried. You need a ride?"

"No I think I'll spend the night here."

"Ok, goodnight then."

"Night." Josh kisses my forehead and strolls to his car. I walk to my trailer and unlock the door. I hear Ava's claws coming down the hall in my direction.

"Hey girl" I utter in a tired voice as she licks my face and wags her tail.

After our little reunion I rise back to my feet and place my bag and tomorrow's script on the glass table. The aroma of pizza occupies the air as I reheat last night's meal in the microwave. Just as I go to sit down Ava tenses up, probably sensing someone outside, and barks protectively.