eleven

"one." Luke whispered, almost inaudible.

then, with a resounding boom, the lights shut off and they were pitched into pure darkness. everything was dead quiet for a moment before Luke took in a shaky breath beside Ashton.

"here he comes."

an ear-splitting scream sounded throughout the room and Ashton threw his hands over his ears in attempt to block the noise, but to no prevail.

the scream sounded like that of a girl, and Ashton hoped with all his heart that Juliet and Haven weren't the ones behind it. the scream faded out and was replaced by something that made the hair on Ashton's arms stand up and shivers run down his back.

children. giggling.

just as Ashton was beginning to wonder if his mind was playing tricks on him or was the sound of the children coming from all around him, he felt a small, cold hand place itself on his bicep.

"are you my daddy?" (lmao shout-outs to all ma doctor who people out there)

Ashton tried to hold in his sob of terror as more hands found their way to him, grabbing his arms, his torso, his face, and everything else they could reach.

I can't breath, Ashton panicked. i can't breath and i'm going to die and there's nothing i can do about it.

a sense of calm swept over him at this thought. at least the fear that had been consuming him for the past who-knows-how-long would be gone, right?

the lights flickered on and off again, but what Ashton saw in the brief period of light sent his heart rate skyrocketing.

there were actual children surrounding him and touching him. they were covered in blood, still warm and sticky and thick, and they looked dead. blue lips, sunken eyes, pale faces. it was something out of a nightmare.

then the light flickered back on and stayed on. the hands on Ashton's body disappeared with the darkness, and Ashton slowly opened his eyes, only to find that he was alone.

relief flooded his veins until he realized something.

he was in here with Luke.

slowly scanning the room, he found no sign of the other boy until he turned to face the wall behind him. there, pinned to the wall among several balloons, was Luke, and standing next to him, a clown holding a cup of knives with a creepy smile on it's face.

the set up resembled a carnival game, the one where you had to see how many balloons you could pop with the darts given to you. except in this case, the darts were replaced with knives, and the balloons were replaced with Luke.

the clown didn't speak. it didn't have to. Ashton knew what it wanted him to do.

he would never play this game.

the client's creepy gaze moved from Ashton and fixed on something behind him. Ashton became aware of hushed whispers and shuffling feet coming from the same direction.

he turned around, not slowly like before, but quickly, because when you know that you're going to die, you tend not to give a shit about anything.

the dead children staring back at him made him want to piss out of fear, because he was now one hundred percent sure that he wasn't hallucinating.

"it's your turn," a small voice said. Ashton couldn't tell which child had spoken.

"no," Ashton croaked, his voice scratchy and nearly gone. he cleared his throat.

"it's your turn." Ashton looked down to see a small boy that could have been no older than five.

"no. no, i won't do it." Ashton told the boy, turning to glance at Luke. for being in a life or death situation, he looked calm. seeing Ashton looking at him, Luke gave a bright smile.

when Ashton turned back to look at the little boy again, he actually did pee a little. the face of the young boy was all wrong. hollows in place of his eyes, rotting skin, and razor sharp teeth had replaced the old features.

"it's your turn," the thing said, still using the little boy's voice. in a flash, the clown grabbed one of the knives in the cup and flung it straight at Luke, hitting him square in the stomach.

a rush of breath flew out of Luke's mouth, along with a little blood that spattered onto the clown's white face.

"Luke!" Ashton called out, trying to move towards the blonde-haired boy, but suddenly the hands were on him again, holding him back, ripping and tearing at his clothes and skin.

Ashton cried out in pain as he felt a bite on his thigh, followed by more on his arms and torso.

he was being eaten alive.

he sobbed and screamed as the razor sharp teeth dug into his flesh and tore, exposing muscle and sinew and bone. no words could describe the amount of pain he was in.

the clown continued throwing knives at Luke, who laughed as each one hit him. if Ashton had been paying attention, if Ashton had been alive, he would have felt sick, because Luke's once bright white smile was now stained crimson.

Luke watched with sick satisfaction as the children tore at Ashton's body- or what was left of it. he was barely aware of the feeling of the blades landing over and over again in his body.

then blackness.

»»»«««

Mr. Rockwell watched with satisfaction from behind Luke's eyes as his children tore the boy apart, but frowned as the vision became cloudy. his vessel was dying.

with nothing more than a sigh, he slipped out of the boy, leaving his mind free once more. not that he'll have very long to be relieved, Mr. Rockwell thought to himself with a chuckle.

after tonight, he would have eight brand new children. he was so excited.

the children were his. only his.

they could never leave.

»»»»

holy shit what did I just write

anyway double update so wOO

LET'S PLAY A GAME (not in the creepy way k)
tell me in a comment your name, age, and how you think this book is gonna end (u don't have to tell me anything ur not comfortable with i'm just curious)

OH AND I MADE A TWITTER ACCOUNT LIKE AN HOUR AGO IF U WANNA FOLLOW IT K ITS @/ labrynthinemind

K THX ILY