Chapter 1

*Perrie's POV*

I juggled the soccer ball as the sun slowly sank down, the school soccer field had long emptied, the coach waving as he left in his truck, used to me staying very late after practice. I took a quick drink of water and wiped the sweat off of my forehead before I went back onto the field and practiced my crosses and shots.

Once I finished up working on my footwork I decided to do a few laps around the track. I was nearly done with my second mile when my phone started blaring the horror movie theme. I immediately came to a stop, my heart racing.

My hands shook as I grabbed the worn out phone that was sitting on the bench next to my torn and fading blue backpack. I answered it, already knowing it was my Step-Monster I mean stepdad.

I pressed answer and before I could even say hello the gruff voice of Tyler, my evil Step-Dad, was screaming at me.

"WHERE ARE YOU, YOU STUPID BITCH?!" He screamed, his voice already slurred. I winced at the anger and alcohol mixed in his voicing, knowing it wouldn't end well for me.

"I had soccer practice today. I told you and Mom this morning." I said quietly, way too familiar with this. Even though I had soccer practice every day and stayed late, this always happened. This is why I tried to stay out of the house as much as possible.

"DON'T TALK BACK TO ME YOU UNGRATEFUL WHORE! GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE AND YOU BETTER LOSE THAT ATTITUDE BEFORE YOU GET HERE OR YOU'LL GET IT WORSE!"

Before I could even think of responding he hung up, the dial tone only adding to all of the negative thoughts buzzing around my head.

I sighed, trying to calm down my shaking hands and legs as I put the soccer ball that my Grandpa gave me into my backpack and stuffed my phone in my sweatpants pocket as I walked to my house, dreading every second as I got closer and closer to my own personal house of horrors.

I took a deep breath as I reached the ordinary looking white house, the green paint on the door slightly peeling. If only it was as normal as it seemed on the outside. I quietly opened the door and shut it behind me, hoping that I'd be able to sneak up to my room and avoid the Step-Monster altogether.

My hopes were soon crushed as I had only taken a few steps before a rough hand grabbed me by my neck, lifting me up so that only the tips of my toes touched the ground. My eyes widened as my throat burned as I fought for air.

Black dots started to dance across my vision and I could no longer comprehend the venomous words that he spat at me, the only thing in my increasingly blurry vision was his bloodshot, hate-filled eyes as my world started to go black.

Before everything completely faded away I felt myself harshly meet the ground, and harsh kicks started to rain down on my stomach, back and chest as I fought to get my breathing back under control.

"You're a mistake you worthless bitch and I should've killed you a long time ago!" He slurred and the blows stopped for a moment and my vision cleared enough to see him take a knife out of his pocket.

I weakly tried to scoot back as he staggered toward me. As the adrenaline finally started pumping I jumped up quickly and grabbed my backpack before I ran out the door, pushing the potted plant that was outside the door behind me, hearing my step-dad swear loudly as he tripped over the plant.

"You stupid bitch!!!" He screamed and offered more obscenities toward me that I ignored and just continued to run, the fear and adrenaline blocking everything else out.

I don't know how long I had been running when my legs finally gave out. I tried to take deep breaths as the pain started to hit me at once. I took gasping breaths, sitting up after a while to gather my surroundings.

I was surprised to see that I had ran to the outskirts of town. I painstakingly stood up, knowing I had to cover at least a little more ground in case he came looking for me. Before I started to walk further away from the town that I grew up in, I checked to see what I all had in my bag.

I opened it and saw that I had 3 granola bars, 1 change of clothes, my soccer ball, a nearly full wa

ter bottle, and my slightly folded United States Women's National Team poster. They were the only people who kept me going. And the hope that maybe one day maybe I could be a part of them.

I laughed dryly as I carefully put everything back in my backpack and zipped it back up. I began to berate myself as I walked toward the unknown and further away from the town that had nearly destroyed me. Who am I kidding. Me on the National Team?

I'm just a runaway and that's all I'll ever be.

Right? 

A/N: I really hope Y'all liked this! Sorry if it's a bit slow yet. I promise the team will come in soon! Also; let me know if you think Perrie should have a love interest and who? I have a few ideas but I can't decide lol and whatever other ships Y'all would like to see! Thanks for reading! Much Love!