Chapter 8

*Perrie's POV*

I winced as the Doctors stitched up my legs, the nurse taking pictures of the gashes, bruises and scars for the police when they arrived.

A part of me was really happy that Dad was finally going to jail for good, but the other part of me was terrified. Terrified that I deserved the pain. Terrified that I'd lose the girls; who have already become the only family I've ever had. And most of all terrified that Dad would breakout and find me again.

"Okay you're all stitched up dear! Now let's take care of these nasty gashes. This may sting a little!" The nurse said sweetly as the doctor left.

I nodded unsurely as the nurse brought out some antibacterial spray and ointment, and long strips of gauze and a roll of medical tape. I winced as she sprayed the antibacterial on all of the wounds, tears springing to my eyes as I tried to hold in my cries of pain.

"I'm sorry. You're almost done sweetie. You're doing so well!" She said in an encouraging voice.

I nodded, letting out a sigh of relief when she was done applying the spray and the ointment and she started to put the bandages on. I was distracted from the pain from the nurse accidentally pressing on my wounds as she bandaged them when there was a knock on the door.

I sent the nurse a questioning look, and she nodded so I said "Come in!" my voice still slightly strained with pain.

Pinoe came in, followed by Moe, Kling, JJ, Ashlyn, Ali, Abby, and the rest of the team. I smiled at them a little bit, hissing when the nice nurse accidentally pressing on a particularly tender wound.

"Hey it's okay munchkin. Now tell me child, how did you learn how to play like Abby's long lost child?" Pinoe asked, surely trying to distract me.

Everyone laughed and Abby grinned at me. I laughed as well, wincing a little at the pain it caused my bruised ribs.

"Um I don't know, my Grandpa was the only person who really cared about me and he taught me how to play when I was around 4 years old. But he died when I was 9. After that I just practiced really hard because I wanted to make him proud." I said tearfully.

I missing him so much in this moment, looking at all these women I've looked up to for so long, because he's the one who got me hooked on the USWNT and he's the one who looked me in the eye when I was 8 and told me "One day you'll be on that team, and I'll be cheering you on."

"Hey, It's okay, I KNOW he's really proud of you, as he should be. You're so strong, and from what all the girls said, you kick ass at soccer!" Ashlyn harris said, making me smile a little.

'Where's Hope?" I asked, I don't know how to explain it, but I felt safe with her, like I never had with either of my parents.

'She's on her way, don't worry." Julie reassured me, but I caught the glances all of the girls shared, as if they weren't telling me something.

'Okay so now the important questions, what position do you play, and who's your favorite player! Don't be afraid to hurt everyone's feelings, we all know it's me!" Pinoe said with a smirk.

"Well I have played striker and mid...and as for my favorite.." I trailed off.

"Ha told you all I'm her favorite!!" Pinoe shouted.

"In your dreams! We all know I'm her favorite!" Kling said.

"Nice try, we all know lover girl is her favorite!" Tobin said, smirking at Moe who turned red.

I was going to ask what they were talking about when a door opened, revealing a police officer, and a sinister looking woman holding a briefcase.

"Perrie Hansen?" The officer asked. I nodded hesitantly as Abby and Moe squeezed my hands.