Chapter 10

*Hope's POV*

I looked at Perrie worriedly as she sat curled up in a ball in the desk chair that was in the hotel room, shaking slightly as she looked out the window, the heavy silence was becoming overwhelming.

I looked over to see that Ashlyn, Ali, Kelly and Pinoe were all still asleep. Ashlyn and Ali were sharing the pull-out couch, Kelley was still laying on the bed that we had shared, and Pinoe was curled up uncomfortably on the loveseat.

I sighed as I thought about the fact that ever since she had that nightmare on the bus and had fallen back asleep, she had stopped talking, even to Moe and I, which really worried me. She'd even flinch when one of us would try comforting her, and wouldn't relax at all.

I guess what hurt the most was the look in her eyes. It was like all she could see was her father in everyone, and that he was so broken she could never trust again. Not only that but that she believed that she deserved to be hurt.

The only time she seemed to be like a normal kid is when she'd play soccer. That was the only time I'd see something in her eyes other than pain or fear. Pinoe let out a soft snore, and that made me smile slightly, thinking about how the team had started to take shifts on being there for Perrie since her nightmare seem to be getting worse. I always knew this team was really a family, but to see how everyone is rallying around Perrie is amazing.

Abby, Coach and I had all decided to call a team meeting on how to help Perrie. So I was waiting for Moe and Kling to come to take Perrie out to distract her. I was broken out of my reverie by a soft knock on the door.

I got up off the bed, careful not to wake Kelly, and opened the door. Kling smiled a sad smile at me, her arm around Moe's shoulder. I couldn't help but feel bad seeing Moe in this state. Her eyes were bloodshot, and it looked like she had bruises under her eyes from lack of sleep. he was taking Perrie's turn for the worse badly. She was so hurt not only being shut out, but also having to watch Perrie go through so much pain and not being able to help her. That's exactly how I feel, so I understand.

But you can clearly see how much she loves Perrie already. I hope for both of their sakes that they can be there for each other. That they will both be happy together, because Lord knows they both deserve it.

Kling frowned, noticing how many people were in the room.

"Bad night?" She questioned softly.

I nodded grimly, just wishing that there was a way we could help her. That we could take at least some of the pain and fear away.

"Yeah. It was one of the worst. She kept calling out to each of us, and when she woke up she basically tackled me, but then she sat in the corner and wouldn't say or do anything."

Kling sighed, and Moe looked even more sullen if that was possible.

"Hey baby Moe, I know it's hard but you have to stay strong for her. She needs you okay. We'll help her get through this, but we need you okay?"

Moe nodded as Kling rubbed her arm soothingly.

"Hey Perrie, Moe and Kling are here to take you out for a while." I said softly. Perrie turned around and looked at me blankly, then nodded. She silently got up and grabbed some clothes to change into and went into the bathroom.

"She's going to be okay." I told Moe, though I wasn't sure who I was trying to convince more, her or myself.

"I hope so." Moe said, starting to loosen up as she heard Perrie coming out. Perrie was in a pair of my old sweatpants, and Moe's hoodie that she must have stolen when we were all on the bus.

"Nice hoodie." Moe said, and Perrie cracked a tiny smile, but it was progress, because that's the most I've seen her smile in a while.

"Alright. You have fun, and we'll all see you later okay?" I said gently.

Perrie nodded, and walked out the door with Kling and Moe.

As soon as they were gone I shouted "Guys wake up!!" Kelly, and Ali both shot awake, and Ali gently shook Ashlyn's shoulder.

Ashlyn groaned but sat up, just leaving Pinoe.

"Pinoe! Come on wake up!" Kelley nudged her. Pinoe just groaned and pulled her pillow over her head.

"Seriously, wake up Rapinoe! We have a team meeting!" I said, getting frustrated.

"Noooo." She groaned.

We all groaned in frustration.

"One last warning Pinoe." Ashlyn said in a,serious tone.

Pinoe just groaned again, pulling the pillow tighter against her head,

"You asked for it." Ashlyn said, grabbing a shoe and chucking it at Pinoe's head. Pinoe shot up, and we all started laughing.

"Was that necessary?!" She whined, rubbing her head.

"It wouldn't have been if you woke up dork." Kelley said.

My phone buzzed, and I saw a message from Abby, saying that the rest of them were waiting for us in the conference room. "Alright come on guys, the team is waiting for us!"

Everyone took turns changing and I rolled my eyes as I brushed my hair and put it in a ponytail since I was already dressed. After what seemed like forever we were all in the elevator and heading toward the conference room.

Everyone looked up once we entered, and Abby and Jill nodded once everyone was settled.

"Okay obviously we have to figure out a way to help Perrie. She obviously has trust issues, and we can't blame her for that. But what can we do to get her to open up?" I asked.

Everyone at and Ali said "Maybe some type of therapy, where we Ali just talk to her?"

Abby frowned and said "It's not a bad idea, but I think that would just overwhelm her.

"Okay well, we've all seen how the only time she can be a normal kid is on the pitch.." Tobin said.

"So, you think we should try to get her to open up in some way through soccer?" Ash asked.

Pinoe nodded, seeming to understand Tobin's idea.

"Well she thinks in a team mentality, right now, she thinks she's on her own team. We just have to show her that we'll be her team if she lets us." Pinoe said.

We all looked to Abby, who nodded.

"I think it's the only thing that could work."

We all nodded, and started getting ready for training later today where we'd put our plan in action. I just hope this worked. Because once Perrie's health is more stable Jill and I were going to surprise her with a tryout.

I just hoped that Perrie would be able to trust again. I know that none of us would ever let anything happen to her. I hope we can make her see that.