Chapter 6

*Perrie's POV*

The whole situation seemed surreal as my heroes Hope Solo and Abby Wambach helped me to walk and Tobin Heath, Carli Lloyd, Alex Morgan, Megan Rapinoe and Morgan Brian were crowded around us, basically forming a protective barrier around me as if they could shut out everything that could hurt me.

And for one of the first times in my life I actually felt safe and like I had a family. I was jolted out of thoughts when Pinoe threw the door to a conference room open, creating a deafening sound.

Everyone in the room jumped, and Kling scowled at Pinoe.

"Seriously?! Must you always be so loud?!" She complained.

"It's not my fault that you're not a morning person." Pinoe stuck her tongue out at Kling making everyone laugh and easing my nerved slightly.

Suddenly Ashlyn Harris said "Hey who's that with Hope and Abby?"

Everyone's attention quickly shifted to me, and I tensed up, my body starting to shaked.

Abby and Hope shifted their support on my sides so it was more like they were both hugging me.

Abby looked to Carli and Alex as Moe came over to my side and squeezed my hand. "It's going to be okay. You're safe." Moe whispered in my ear as Alex and Carli stepped forward.

"Well everyone knows about how things have been going missing at the training center?" Alex asked, and everyone nodded.

"Well as coach knows, Pinoe, Alex, Hope, Moe, Tobin, Abby, and I all stayed over at the training center in the new security room to figure out what was going on." Carli added.

"So, we saw someone come out of the storage room and start going through the lockers and it turned out she was living in the storage room. So we found her to confront her and she was on the field practicing and she is one of the best players we've ever seen!!" Tobin said.

Everyone looked shocked and slightly confused.

"Why were you living in the storage room sweetie? How old are you?" Their coach asked in a calm voice.

"Ummm. I kind of ran away. And I'm 17." I said nervously, picking at my fingers.

"Do you have parents we could call?" Their Coach asked.

I tensed up, and I think Hope and Abby could tell I was panicking because I'm pretty sure they both tried saying something to me but the whirring in my mind blocked it out.

"I'll leave! I'll go anywhere!! Please just don't make me go back! He'll hurt me again, no probably kill me since I ran away!" I sobbed, collapsing in Hope and Abby's arms.

"Hey, Hey it's okay. Who will hurt you?" Ashlyn asked, hesitantly coming closer to me.

"My... My Dad." I hiccupped, the tears now rushing down my face.

I could hear everyone gasp, and it seemed like the pieces all finally fit together for the group who found me.

"Is he the one who gave you the bruises dear?" A woman asked, and I cautiously nodded as she knelt down next to me.

"My name is Dawn dear. I'm the medical trainer here. Is it okay if I look at all of your injuries?" She asked.

I looked at Hope, Abby, Moe, Carli, Alex and Tobin and they all nodded reassuringly.

"Okay." I said reluctantly, and Hope and Abby handed me to Dawn who left the room and took me to an empty room. She winced when she looked at my leg, and once she finally convinced me to take off my shirt so she could look at the wounds on my stomach and back, she gasped.

"What made these?" She asked, pointing at the ugly green and yellow gashes on my stomach and back.

"A beer bottle." I said quietly.

"Oh dear we need to get you to a hospital for stitches, and to care for those cuts because they're infected.

"The girls can come?" I asked, fear starting to well up.

"Yes, they're talking to Coach Jill right now but I'll let them know to meet us there.."

I nodded, hoping my saviors weren't too good to be true.

*Abby's POV*

The room was silent since Dawn took Perrie out.

"What are we going to do?" Alex broke the silence.

"Well we should start by reporting her father but there's a problem with that." Coach said, her voice turning sad.

"What's the problem? He's a dick who hurt his own daughter!" Ali basically shouted as Ash tried to calm her, but she wasn't in a much better state.

"Well since she's still a minor she'll be put in Foster Care or an orphanage until she turns 18 in a year unless someone adopts her, which is unlikely given her age." Coach said, her face strained.

"NO!! We can't let her go there! She's been hurt enough!" Moe shouted, shocking everyone.

"Well unless she gets adopted in the next few days child services is going to take her." Coach said, trying to keep her voice gentle.

We were all in a stunned silence. I felt trapped not knowing what to do.

Suddenly the silence was broken when Hope bolted out of the room, the door slamming loudly behind her. Kelly and Carli both followed her, and if the situation wasn't so serious I'm sure Pinoe would make jokes about the Harli and O'Solo love triangle.

Once one of the newer trainers came and told Coach that Dawn took Perrie to the hospital we all piled onto the team bus to Grey-Sloan Memorial Hospital (Sorry it was either Grey's Anatomy or ER lol)

The ride was unusually quiet. There were no HeadsUP games, or laughing or random karaoke. We all sat there, Worried about Hope, Kelly and Carli who still haven't some back and praying that Perrie would be okay. She had to be.