CHAPTER 9

Continuation of Day 9

6:49pm

Bon let out a frustrated growl as he walked the dark halls, and used the light from his phone as a guide. The teen cursing himself, in every way possible, for treating Rin in such a way and wishing he would take it back. Even though, by now, it was nearly impossible. Rin was probably already with that creep Amaimon and was having his voice taken away. Although, no matter what the teen couldn't let that happen. He couldn't just let the demon give up and lose everything he had. The teen used to fight for everything and everyone he cared about, and lately the demon had done nothing but depended on him. Which was a bit weird for him, but he wasn't going to complain. The teen had been finally warming up to someone, instead of pushing everyone away, and it had been nice to see that side of him. Plus, now that he had seen a glimpse of the demon's soft side, he couldn't lose him. The teen wanted to be there for him, listen to him, even protect him if need be. Which he needed to done now, before it was too late and Rin could no longer get his voice back. Right now, Rin needed him and he was going to do everything he could to save him.

"Do you really want to give up on our little game, brother?" A voice spoke, as the teen froze and stopped just behind the corner. "It was just starting to get good."

Silence filled the hall, as Bon knelt down and cautiously looked around the corner. Only to find Rin standing in the middle of the hall, his blue flames around him and his back turned, as Amaimon stood in front of him. The Earth King's hands shoved in his pockets and a lollypop in his mouth.

"That's easy to see, brother." Amaimon spoke, in a teasing voice, as he reached out and touched Rin's chest. "It looks like you got your heart ripped out."

Bon just stared at the scene in front of him, as the words Amaimon spoke sunk in. The teen not even able to understand why Rin was acting this way. Standing silent and still, while he let his enemy touch him. Leaving to give into his demands. Things not even Bon would believe the demon would do, as he went back to Amaimon's words. How he had said it looked like Rin's heart had been ripped out. The older teen instantly cursing himself as he realized he was the cause and that was probably the reason Rin was giving up. The reason he was giving away his voice, so he wouldn't have to play Amaimon's game or see Bon.

"Nonsense brother. If you didn't have a heart you'd be dead." Amaimon mused, as he was listening to Rin's reply and gesturing the demon to a classroom."Then let's end your pain, brother. So we can make our little agreement permanent."

Bon watching as Amaimon opened the door for Rin and moved out of the way for the demon t walk through. Rin making no gesture, as he walked into the classroom and the lights inside turned on. The teen letting out a low growl, as the door shut, and Bon forced himself up and around the corner. Bon practically jogging down the hall, before he reached the room and couldn't hear a sound of talking or moving. The teen inwardly panicking, as he grabbed the door handle and pushed the door open.

"Rin!" Bon yelled, as the door hit the wall and he found the two demons close to one another.

Amaimon sitting on the teacher's desk, glaring at the teen in displeasure, with Rin standing in front of him with the Earth King's hands around his neck. The younger demon completely lifeless, as he turned his head back and the older teen saw the dull and lifeless look in those once beautiful crystal blue eyes. Rin's gaze a dull blue and his gaze weak, as he stared at him with no interest and Amaimon growled low in his throat.

"What are you doing here?" Amaimon asked the older teen, with his focus on Rin and obviously his thoughts.

"I came after him." Bon spoke simply, as he looked at the younger demon. "I came to apologize for earlier, before it was too late."