CHAPTER 12

Day 11

2:34am

"Time is up, brother." A voice called through the dark. "You've lost our game."

Frantically, the demon looked around in the dark for the voice. The silence crushing, as the young teen started walking through the blackness surrounding him, wrapping his arms around himself. The air thick and cold around him, as his tail shivered under his shirt and the demon shivered not long after. Rin curled into himself, as he stumbled ahead and saw a street light ahead. The light making the demon jump into action, as he ran toward the light and saw a door. The wood pale and worn out from years of exposure to the elements, as the demon pushed the door open and stopped in his tracks.

The scene in front of him shattering the demon to pieces, as the door slammed shut behind him. The rooms dim lights around him, and a horrible stench overwhelming the room. As the figure moved in the far right corner and the demon silently held his ground. The demon's tail shaking, as the figure stood, casually walking toward the only light in the room. Until it stopped and the demon let out a growl, till he realized no noise came out and set a hand over his throat.

"You lost our game, brother." The voice spoke again, as the figure stepped into the circle.

The light illuminating a smirking, blood covered Amaimon, as the demon let out a mute gasp and backed up into the door. The older demon reeking of someone else's blood, other than his own, and a twisted look in his eyes. As the demon let out a mute whimper, Amaimon snickered.

"Are you afraid, brother?" The demon mused, as he leaned forward and Rin pressed himself against the door. "Afraid I'm going to hurt you, or someone else you care about?"

With a snap of the older demon's fingers, a light in the back of the room turned on. It caused the demon to lose his balance, as he slid to the floor and stared at the figure across the room in chains. Tears welling up in the demon's eyes, as he choked back a mute sob, Amaimon smirked. The Earth King casually walking to the back of the room, before he leaned down next to the figure and tilted its head up. Only to reveal the bloody and barely conscious face of his classmate. His chocolate brown eyes barely focusing, and his brown and blonde hair matted with blood, as the older teen let out a weak groan and his eyes feel on the younger.

"R-Rin. R-run for i-it." Bon weakly forced out, as he gave the younger demon one of his usual serious looks. "G-get out of h-here."

"That's rude." The older demon frowned, as he set a hand on the teen's shoulder and dug his nails into the skin. "Brother just got here."

Without a second to stop the older demon, Bon let out a strangled scream in pain. The younger demon instantly covering his ears, as the tears rolled down his face as he was forced to watch his classmate in pain. Amaimon gave him an evil smirk as he stood up and pulled Bon to his feet. The older teen stumbling to his feet, trying to cope with the fingers digging into his shoulder, and Rin tried to pull himself to his feet. Only for the demon to find his body frozen in place and he couldn't move. Just as Amaimon pushed Bon into the center of the room and his nail were ripped out in pain, as he fell to his knees and looked at the younger demon. A sincere and pained look on his face, as Bon gave him a small smile.

"R-Rin, you n-need to get o-out of here." Bon spoke, as Amaimon was casually walking up to him from behind. "You n-need to run."

'I can't leave you.' The demon mouthed, as tears continued to run down his cheeks and he stared at his classmate in fear and horror. 'I won't leave you. I can't.'

"Rin-"

"Sorry to break up your little heartfelt reunion, but it's time I claimed brother as mine." Amaimon growled, as he set a hand on Bon's head. "And you're in the way."