Chapter 23: Chrissy: Secret Admirer

"Taurtis," ghost Salex said. "I'm sorry."

"Salex?" Taurtis said, stepping closer. "What? How?"

Salex didn't answer. Instead, she stepped off the edge.

Taurtis ran over, screaming, "No!" but Salex had disappeared.

"What?" I said. "Sam, put me down."

"But Chrissy," Sam protested.

"Now."

Sam put me down. I got up, leaning on Sam for support, and staggered over to Taurtis.

"Hey," I said, putting my hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he said, turning around. (A/N: lies!)

"What're we gonna do?"

"Me and Sam will go explore the school."

"What?" we all asked.

"Yes." He looked at Sam. "You-know-what."

Sam nodded and mouthed, "Ohhhhhhh."

"Okay," he said.

"I guess me and Grian will stay here?" I asked.

"Yep."

I gave Sam one last kiss. "I'll be waiting, bunny boy." Then I shifted my weight onto Grian.

Sam and Taurtis opened the door and headed into the school. I sat down. Grian sat beside me.

"So," I asked him. "How long have you been friends with them?"

"Sam and Taurtis?" he asked.

"Yeah."

"Well, not as long as they've been friends with each other, but for a while, you could say."

Aren't they just so stupid sometimes?"

"Yep."

There was a pause. Then Grian asked, "How long have you been dating Sam?"

"Since a few weeks after prom."

"Isn't that when you started going here?"

"I started going the day after prom. Farther thought it was the right time."

"Is that really what your father is like?"

"Well, you know what they did to Sam, and that was their last human test. Let me just tell you this: they can get worse than what you saw."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know. I-"

"It's okay. You were curious. I respect that."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Grian lightly touched my shoulder. I flinched. "Does it still hurt?"

"Kinda. But not that much though."

He faced me. I faced him. He looked slightly sad.

"Look, Chrissy," he said. "I know we haven't known each other as long as you've known Sam, but I want to tell you that you mean a lot to me. I know this is crazy, but-"

Then he kissed me.

"Grian?" someone said. I looked right. Sam was standing there, looking shocked.

"Grian?" he said. "Chrissy? What?"

"I-I," Grian stuttered. Then he did someone I never thought he'd do. He ran. He pushed Sam out of the way and ran into the school. Sam followed him, Taurtis following him. I tried to call to them, but they couldn't hear me. I sat there, unable to get up.

Then Salex appeared beside me.

"Salex?" I asked. "What're you doing here?"

"Chrissy," she said. "I'm no Ellen, but I can tell you this: things are going to be hard for you. Stay strong." She placed her hand on my leg, and instantly the strength returned back to them. "Go after your friends. Don't let them fight. Tell Taurtis I love him."

"I will Salex." She disappeared.

I got up. My legs supported me. I ran into the school. I had to find the boys before Sam did something to Grian.

~A/N: GRIAN LIKES CHRISSY! Well, I had fun writing this chapter.~