Chapter 24: Chrissy: Getting out of the School

I found them in the lunch area. The chairs were turned over and some of the tables were pushed out of the way.

Sam had Grian pinned against the wall. He had his hands on Grian's neck. The British boy was gasping for air. Taurtis was no where in sight.

"Stop!" I yelled, running over to them. I pried Sam's hands off Grian and pushed him back. Grian dropped to the ground.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"I'm fine," he said, gasping.

"Seriously?" I asked Sam, turning around.

"But he-" Sam protested.

"It doesn't matter what he did! He's your friend! And you tried to strangle him!"

"Sorry."

"Tell that to Grian!"

Sam dropped down next to Grian. "I'm sorry," he said. "I was just mad and-"

"No, it's okay," Grian said. "I kissed your girl." He smiled. "You have every right to be mad at me."

Then I noticed Taurtis' absence. "Hey guys," I said. "Where's Taurtis?"

"I don't know," Sam said. "I thought he was behind me."

"I know he was behind you. I saw."

I peered into the hallway. Nothing. Then I heard a scream. A Taurtis scream. Coming from the second floor.

I ran up the stairs. The scream had come from Gareth's classroom.

The school had to board up Gareth's classroom because they hadn't been able to remove the rope where Gareth hung himself. It just hung there, reminding everyone of the tragedy.

I climbed through the boards to see Taurtis cowering in the corner. Ghost Gareth was slowly gliding towards him, rope in his hand.

"Hey you!" I yelled. "Don't mess with him!"

Gareth turned around. His empty eyes stared me down.

"Yakuza girl," he said. "You don't know what he did."

"Yes I do. He's my brother!"

"Brother?" Gareth started gliding towards me.

"Yeah," I said, starting to get nervous.

"Did you kill my wife?"

"Seriously."

"YAKUZA GIRL! YOU HAVE EVIL IN YOUR BLOOD! YOU MUST BE ELIMINATED!"

Garret ran(?) towards me at full speed. Just before he could get me, a hand pulled me out of the classroom

"Be quiet," its voice said. "Don't let him see you."

Gareth passed right through the boards and kept going. He went up the stairs.

"Taurtis is still in there!" I said. "I have to get him."

"No. You stay here. I'll get him," the voice said. Only then did I recognize it was British.

"Grian?" I turned around. Sure enough, the blonde boy was standing there, a determined look in his face. He climbed through the boards.

Grian came back a minute later with a terrified-looking Taurtis.

I hugged my brother. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

"No," he said. (A/N: finally! Someone's honest!) I patted his back. Then I looked at Grian.

"Where's Sam?"

"Outside. Come on. We have to go."

Once we got Sam, we ran to Chan's house. She invited us in gladly. The boys immediately fell asleep on the floor beside each other. I stayed up and told Chan everything. She said she was sorry for working with my father. I told her it was no big deal. Then I laid down, and sleep overtook me.