Friend

- A . K -

"Okay children, it's time for recess! You have a choice of playing inside or outside. Just be careful!" The teacher said, earning high pitched 'yay's from the kids. The blue haired little girl immediately headed for the basketball that lied in the corner. When she had grasped the orange ball, a few of the class's boys came up to her.

"What's a girl like you doing with a basketball?" The leader asked.

"Yeah! Girls aren't supposed to play basketball!"

"It's a boy sport!" Kairi frowned at the boys with disgust.

"So what? I don't care if I'm a girl. I can play basketball if I want to," she told them.

"Yeah, but you probably suck!"

"Oh really? You wanna see?" The little girl grit her teeth, her blue eyes flaring up with aggression and competitiveness.

"Fine! Let's make a deal. Let's play and if you lose, you can never have the basketball again,"

"And what if I win?"

"Then you can play with the basketball whenever you want," the boy promised as Kairi smirked and accepted his challenge.

The challenge definitely earned the attention and curiosity of everyone, even the teacher who was slightly interested in the little challenge herself. She watched quietly at the door, watching the way Kairi played with the little boy who challenged her. And it was no surprise she won by a handful.

"Don't ever tell a girl she can't play a sport because she's a girl!" She scolded hardly at the boy who blushed in embarrassment and walked away with a scowl. The teacher wasn't surprised she had won, after all she had heard of her father's well known basketball career and being a prodigy.

Playtime was finally over and it was time for drawing, and this time, the kids were told to draw something for their parents. Or parent, in her case.

Even though Kairi was loud and energetic, it didn't necessarily mean she had friends. So she often sat alone drawing with her box of crayons.

She didn't mind the quietness but at times, she did feel lonely. Other girls didn't really want to play or talk with the girl because of her sporty interests and loud personality. Kairi paid no mind to it though. She would rather be alone and play basketball than play princess or house.

- [L] . H -

The little boy glanced over to the little girl at the corner of the classroom drawing alone. Hayato was always wary of others and often made sure someone wasn't left out. He was often admired for that, and even his own mother had told him that he had gotten his kindness from his father. Hayato parted from his group of friends and walked over to the blue haired girl, drawing and crayons in hand. He sat next to her, earning a small scowl from the girl.

"What do you want? Are you here to make fun of me?" She asked hostilely.

"What? No! I just wanted to come here because you looked lonely," Hayato replied honestly.

"Well I'm fine. I don't need anyone. And if you're here to tell me that I'm not supposed to play basketball too, then go away," she shooed off.