✖️ 1 ✖️

Dani's POV

Ive been home alone for 4 weeks now. No parents, no siblings, just me. I only have one sibling but he's older then me. Luke, my brother, is currently on tour with his friends because they are n a band called 5 Seconds of Summer. I've never met the other guys cause Luke says he protecting me but I don't get why I'm such of a secret. I take online school, I stay inside mostly all the time, and I'm by myself like in not even alive. My mom and dad went missing a few weeks ago, but I'm pretty sure they're dead. Sorry, not sorry. Face it, they've never gotten along and putting them both in the same car would be suicide to both of them. Plus there was a big crash a couple weeks ago but the car caught on fire cause the police to have no idea who the victims were. They were probably my parents though. Plus if they were its not like I was going anywhere. I'm 16 and Luke is 18. Which means for anything he would be my legal guardian now. That's almost creepy. Your older brother being your legal guardian. Anyways as thoughts were just flooding my mind they were interrupted by my phone ringing. I checked called ID but it was an unknown number.

( D- Dani // U- Unknown)

D- hello?

U- Hello, is this Danielle Hemmings?

D- this is she.

U- well we had just identified your parents as the victims of the at awful crash a few weeks ago. I'm sorry to say but your parents are gone. Would you like me to inform your brother or would you like too?

D- umm I will. Thanks for letting me know.

U- you're welcome and I'm truly sorry for your loss.

D- thanks, well goodbye.

U- goodbye.
-----------------------------------------

See I told you, my parents are gone. I probably won't even tell Luke until he comes back. Then again he is somewhat of my legal guardian now. That's creepy and weird at the same time. So I quickly got off the couch and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a banana out of the bowl on the counter and I peeled it and ate it. So as I did so I scrolled through my social media accounts. I don't have many followers considering that everyone thinks that it's a fan page.  So while I was randomly scrolling through Instagram I heard the front door open and close. Wait, the only people go have keys to this house are our parents, me, and..... LUKE! I ran to the front entry way to see Luke smiling at me. I screamed and I ran over to him and I hugged him. He dropped his stuff immediately and hugged back. Wow telling Luke about mom and dad is going to be a lot sooner and harder then I thought.

"Hey Dani! Where's mom and dad?" He was smiling and I didn't want to take that away from him but I HAD to tell him.

"Umm..." I backed away and looked down and played with my fingers.

"Uh.. Luke, mom and dad..... They uhh.... They were in a car accident and died about 4 weeks ago." I stated with my voice cracking through the whole thing as tears ran down my face until my legs became weak and I feel to the ground. Luke didn't say anything but he was quick enough to get to the ground after me to make sure I was okay.

"Dani...... Have you been by yourself this whole time?" He was trying to remove my hands from my eyes as I cried but instead I removed my hands anyways and I hugged Luke. He hugged back then he pulled away to look at me for an answer.

"Uh... Yeah. Really I've been by myself ever sense you left a couple months ago, because well after you left mom and dad have been going out then not coming home for a few days and that just continued until the car incident." I continued to cry and Luke pulled me into one of those comforting sibling hugs that just tells you that everything will be okay.

"Aww, Dani. You should've called me. I would've come back." His voice cracked indicating that tears were streaming from his face now.

"What about all you're fans? They depend on you. You help them through everything Luke. You're their everything." I flashed the weakest smile ever but then again Luke was still hugging me so he couldn't see it but I bet he could feel it on his chest.

"Dani, babygirl, your my younger sister, I have to protect you. It's just my older brother code. We depend on each other Dan. You help me through all this hate that I get and I help you through everything that comes your way. It's just that simple Dan. We need each other. You're my everything, if I lost you I would have no real family left. (a/n I know he has siblings but it's just going to be them in this book) Dan, if I lost you, I don't know what I would do. I love you Dani." He hugged me tighter then ever and I quit crying and I smiled. Just knowing that my only real family member was always going to be there for me through everything just makes me feel happy.

"You do realize that when I get married, you're gonna have to give me away right?" I joked and laughed a bit as did Luke.

"Well good thing that's not happening anytime soon." He smirked and I punched his arm.

"But what about your touring? I can't just live here by myself for months while  you your the world, you're my legal guardian now." He sighs.

"You can't come Dani, the boys don't know you, and plus you'll get hate for being with us. Dani, we can't go back to old habits." He wasn't wrong. The old habits were cutting deeply, starving myself, and even tried to commit suicide like twice, but I've been getting better. I don't starve anymore, I only cut when I'm really really upset and I'm not committing suicide any time soon.

"I know but you can't just leave me here Luke. I'm gonna have too meet them sooner or later. Why not now?" I smiled hopefully allowing Luke to understand that I'm okay and I'm stronger then that. He thought for a minute and nodded. Oh thank god!

He pulled out his phone and called the boys and and when he was done we stood up from the floor and grabbed Luke's stuff and we took it upstairs to his room. I'm somewhat excited but somewhat scared of what the boys are going to think of me. Oh well, fuck it, let's do this thing!

----------------------------------------
1-10

1- terrible
5- okay
10-OH MY GOD WRITE MORE.

Tell me what you think. Thanks. But obviously it will get better. -Lexi5️⃣🆘