"Song writing"

Austin's POV:

I have to tell Ally everything I feel about her without her knowing I'm talking about her. This is so complicated.

I took a deep breath before starting. "I met this girl... I always thought she was pretty but I didn't really think about it too much until we got a little older. I started randomly feeling different around her. And then she got a boyfriend and liked him a lot so I sucked it up because she was happy, even if it hurt me a little."

I paused and noticed that Ally was looking at me like I was a diamond in a room full of rocks. What kind of a look was that? Does she know?

I continued on. "I have to...leave her shortly so I don't want to start something and then have to just leave it hanging. I think about her all the time. Sometimes I even question if she considers me her best friend-"

"She does," Ally said in a dazed, far off voice.

"How would you know?" I challenged her.

"Because I'm her," she blushed running her fingers over a few more piano keys to keep some noise going while neither of us spoke.

I was studying her to see if she even cared about all the stuff I had said. And when her gaze finally met mine again she had tears in her eyes.

"What did I do? I'm sorry if I overwhelmed you with this I shouldn't have been so obvious I'm sorry Ally. I know you have a boyfriend and everything. Why did I even do that? What is wrong with me?" Now I was just thinking out loud.

"No, Austin, don't be sorry. I'm actually flattered that you said all those things. I already knew you liked me. I just can't believe you're talking about me. I never saw this coming," she sighed pulling herself back together after remising threw the past.

"I really didn't either. But you're my best friend and my other half. And that will ALWAYS stay the same no matter what."

With that Ally didn't even try to contain her happiness. She leaped onto me pulling me into the biggest hug she had ever given me.

I hugged her back, maybe even a little tighter and I was smiling like an idiot. When she pulled back she kept her arms on me and I kept mine on her.

I just wanted to kiss her. It was the perfect moment to seal everything off. If Ally and I kissed, we would never be the same. Our friendship would change permanently, even if just slightly. But I was ready to cross that bridge.

"Can i...kiss you?" i asked to make sure it was ok. Without hesitation she leaned in and i ever so slowly kissed her. Just as our lips brushed together, the door flew open. The kiss may have been brief but it was still enough to make me feel like I was up in the clouds.

We immediately broke apart and whirled around to see who had caught us. It was Ally's Aunt Dime.