The Claim (edited)

It was a long day, I cuddled into Mark. After visiting Mia, my brother and Steve caught up with each other. They discussed me learning how to fight, Mark was pretty supportive of the whole thing. He did say something about he couldn't teach me how to fight though. He never wants to hurt me, even if it was for my own good. In other regions wolves had less of these morals, wolves would hit their mates because they wanted to feel more powerful. Other packs had serious issues. Thinking of this gave me a stomach ache. 

"What's wrong princess?" Mark said looking up at me from the book he was reading. 

"Well, I was thinking about earlier when you said you wouldn't fight me-," I said before I was cut off by a slightly irritated Mark. "Yes, I can't hurt you-." I cut him off with my finger over his lip.

"Yes I know that silly, but I was thinking about all the Were men who abuse their mates or just women in general. That is just wrong." I said he nodded at me, who wouldn't agree with me? Hitting women or anyone really was just wrong. Yes, people get angry and make mistakes but treating women like they are number two is just wrong. They have a slight chromosome difference, but that does not make them worse than men.

He went back to his book after kissing the top of my head. I put mine down too frustrated to read, I got up from my bed and got my laptop. I started writing a letter to one of my friends who was a journalist, though she could not write about werewolves and their abuse of women in other countries she could write about abuse in general

I have always wanted to be a journalist, that was my goal before I met Mark. I would have been a good one too, I love to write and learn more about everything. I also am very passionate about making a difference. The only issue is once you are mated, especially to higher ranking wolves, it's traditionally harder to find a job. The men are seen as the providers and the women are the home keeper. I stand by the fact that there is nothing wrong with the 'traditional' values, but only if a woman truly wants that. It was a struggle for me to decide between traditional practices and my goals.

Shaking my head I tossed away the thoughts, I could put off my future till later. 

Mark looked at me again from over his book, I was sitting on the ground with my laptop on my lap. My bag was against the wall as I hit my head on the wall. It was a nervous habit that I started when I was in school and I would have an essay to write at the last minute. There was a crack in the plaster when my head broke it a bit in my old room. 

"Do I even want to know?" He asked smirking at me, I just stuck my tongue out at him. I started playing music, Adele was blaring from my speakers. I got up and started to sing into my hairbrush, but actually trying. I knew I could sing if I wanted to. I had to admit she had a really beautiful voice, I dont think I can compare to her though.

I sang deeply into my hairbrush like I was really Adele in front of all her little British people. Mark just looked at me like I was a crazy fool, I started to get on the bed and 'serenaded' him.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me to him. He rolled over on me so I was under him, my breath caught in my throat. For once male contact didn't make me think of that horrid day.

All I saw was him, right then. I brought my lips to him, he kissed me back harder. I was enjoying every moment of this bliss. He started kissing down my jaw, I was breathing faster than before. I could feel an unfamiliar feeling in between my legs. He started kissing where he wants to mark me.

"Please." I breathed. I knew I wanted Mark forever. I knew it with all my heart. He started kissing the skin harder, he bared his teeth. I saw his canines growing, his eyes were pitch black. I moaned when his teeth pierced into my skin. My head flew backward as the bond was being created. I bit onto his neck soon after that and I knew he felt the same as I did.

I was laying in his arms, I knew he was still up staring at the stars on his ceiling like I was. We hadn't said a word since he marked me. I am not sure if he was regretting it.

"No, I don't regret it if that's what you are thinking," Mark said slowly like I was a child.

We laid there for a little while longer. "Are you a virgin?" I asked him, I said to the ceiling like the stars were the ones who had to answer my question. "yes of course." He said he was falling asleep as we talked. Well, girl, he didn't ACT like a virgin. 

I looked over at his face, he was looking at me instead of the stars, his eyes were closing with every second that passed. I cuddled into his arm and kissed him goodnight. I knew what he was feeling now that our bond was complete. I love this boy

"I love you," I mumbled

I let the darkness take over.

***

I heard the alarm going off. Shit, it's Monday. I looked over at the sleeping Mark, I saw the tattooed pattern on his neck where I bit him. It was spiraled and kinda looked like waves, it was beautiful. I got up from the bed, moving his arm as gently as I could. He didn't stir, I walked over to the bathroom and started taking a shower. 

I knew he wasn't up yet, this whole bond thing told me more about him, like his feelings, if he's in any pain things like that. I stepped out and put my hair in a towel, I wrapped my body in the fluffy, white towel. I think looked at myself in the mirror and I was shocked. The marking tattoo I got ran all over my shoulders and across my back, I have never heard of this happening.

I did not want to go to school, I threw on leggings and one of Mark's shirts. I didn't even care about my hair and after it dried I threw it up in a ponytail. You could clearly see my mark, but I didn't care.

I walked down to the kitchen to find Mark's mom humming happily, she was making breakfast. When I caught the scent of bacon my stomach growled on cue. She looked up laughing, when she caught my appearance she dropped the plate.

"Mom, why are you being so loud?" Steve asked walking in picking up a piece of bacon. He saw what I looked like too and his mouth opened a little bit.

"What's wrong?" I asked concerned.

"He... he marked you?" His mom asked. I just nodded, Steve came over and hugged me.

"Is that a big deal?" I asked them.

"You are officially mated to my son, I am so proud of both of you." Mark's mom said to me. After all the madness over Mark claiming me, I loaded my plate with food. Mark walked down the stairs looking cute as usual, he was in his school clothes but his hair was messy like he just got out of bed.

He walked over to me and kissed me, he looked back at me proudly "Mine." He said nuzzling into my neck. Steve whistled and I flipped him off when Janet (Mark's mom) wasn't looking.

"We should get going to school," Mark said to me, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the house. We got into his car and drove away. "What about your brother?" I asked him, he shook his head.

"He has the stomach flu right now." I nodded my head, it was silent in the car, I rested my head back in the seat. I was asleep within minutes.

20 minutes we pulled up to the school, Mark took a long way so I could sleep a bit longer. I kissed his cheek before we got out of the car. Hand in hand we walked into the school. I loved this boy so much it hurt sometimes.  

*okay, you guys as I was editing this an ANT freaking fell from the sky onto my laptop, how does that happen??*