Told Through New Eyes (edited)

Kate's POV-

I woke up a little sore, I thought that being kidnapped that I would be in more pain than I was. Oh or I thought I would be dead, that is a very possible outcome from being kidnapped. I looked around to find that I was in a nice room. It was very open,  with not a lot of stuff in it. There were a few teddy bears and an old Nintendo gaming system connected to a flat screen tv. The room was very pink. It looked like a younger kids room but then a few teenage things were added to it almost last minute. My favorite books were on the bookshelf.

I got up and went for the door, it's probably locked my wolf told me. It opened and my wolf huffed at being wrong, I walked out of the room that I was in. I sniffed out for a kitchen, probably rats in that room eating stale, moldy bread. I found out that again I was wrong. The kitchen was very modern and pretty huge. I opened the fridge to find a bunch of empty food boxes from taking out places. I looked inside one to find fried shrimp from a Chinese restaurant which has always been my favorite food. 

The fear crept into the pit of my stomach. The fact that someone knew all of the things that I loved, this felt very catered to me. 

I emptied the contents onto a plate that was laying out and put it in the microwave. No thought to the safety of my food.  When I was waiting for the food to be done being heated up a man walked in scaring me. I jumped facing him doing a karate chop like that would defend me from a stranger. Looking back I should have been more assertive on getting the self-defense classes.

"Hello." He said rather timidly like he was a child getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I waved at him, realizing that he probably wasn't a bad guy. Hopefully just confused. "Who are you?" I asked the man, he just chuckled at me like that was the funniest thing. "Well, I am your uncle." I looked at him dumbfounded, "My uncle is dead sir, he died with his wife in a car accident." I told him sadly like I was telling him a friend of his was dead. He shook his head laughing again, wow this guy must have lost his marbles.

"I see that something was misunderstood between my brother and me, my wife did die sadly. I am your uncle, I am guessing that your dad thought I was dead. Which is a pity since I thought that he was snubbing me, but I guess I was wrong? You see I kidnaped you so I could see my only niece thinking that your father was just ignoring me." He said explaining the whole reason I was there which was a surprise. 

My shrimp beeped interrupting whatever I was about to say, I took it out greedily looking at it like it was an oasis in the desert. I brought it to the table and my uncle sat down with me. "Now tell me all about you," I told him while I was about to dig into my shrimpy goodness. Who would buy me shrimp this tasty if they wanted to kill me?

"My name is Terrance, I lived in this house with my wife until her death. She had a baby girl, but she was in the car with her when she died. I haven't really talked to many people since then, I am also a werewolf, but it is hard to keep your wolf after your mate dies. I hope that this whole kidnapping thing doesn't get in between our relationship I would love to be your uncle.' He said with tears in his eyes. 

While he may have kidnapped me family is family. 

"Of course I won't hold it against you, you are my uncle, after all," I said through the shrimp. He smiled and so did I, probably showing him the shrimp in my mouth. We both laughed at how silly this was. "Now I should probably tell my mate where I am before he worries himself to death. Where are we again?" I asked my uncle he nodded and told me the address that he lived on, I realized that it was only a few hours away, I mind linked Mark. I knew he'd be pissed at me for not telling anyone that I was leaving school. 

Babe?!  I heard Mark's voice in my head as soon as I opened up the mind link.

Yes, I'm fine. Can you come and get me?  after that I told him the address, then I blocked off the link.

Mark POV-

During the pack meeting, we had everyone who saw my mate at school, her family, my family, and the other's who were concerned about their future Luna. We highlighted the plan of attack and the search parties were being organized. 

"Do you think that it's rogues or another pack?" One of the members towards the back asked. A hushed mumble ran through the crowd. No one wanted a war. 

My father stood up to speak, a sense of calm came over that our alpha was handling it. "We haven't had any communication with rogues and other packs are looking for her. We have some suspicions on who took her but we can not be sure until we look into it further." 

I could feel my mate in the back of my mind, 

Babe?! I asked her, trying out our connection.

Yes, I'm fine. she said in a rush, she didn't sound panicked though which filled me with relief. Can you come and get me? She gave the address of where she was and I was so happy that she was close. 

I was still pissed that someone took my mate away from me.

 My dad and mom looked at me worried I may have broken down a few doors and such. You know how it is, but now that my mate sounded so carefree maybe she just got lost. Oh well, alpha males are so protective so it's not my fault that I broke 2 doors and a few vases. No big deal at all, an omega was already cleaning up the glass, I offered to do it but she just looked scared and told me not to.

I relayed the information that Kate told me my mom smiled and my dad just told me to fix the doors before I left. I ran to go to talk to the current beta and tell him what was going on. He insisted on driving me, I accepted wanting to make sure that she was safe.

I need her to be okay. We started to drive to get her.