Ditching (edited)

"Did you see her with him, who knew that they would be together?"

"Damn he just came back from boarding school and already snatched up a mate."

"Did you see the mark on their necks, and I thought she was a good girl." 

I heard all these things in the hallway while Mark and I were walking to lunch, it didn't bother me one bit since I had him holding my hand. I leaned over and kissed his cheek, I heard gasps from all the girls around. We got to the lunch line, I saw my friends and I frantically waved them over, making a fool of myself with my arms flapping up and down. Mark just rolled his eyes as he asked the lunch lady for pizza. My friends walked over a million questions in their eyes, I heard the distant sound of Mark ordering food for me. He got extra on my plate, when I turned around to look at him I saw a monster amount of food on both of the plates.

"Why so much food?" I asked him curiously. His eyes were not looking at me instead they were at a far off place in the room. I heard him mumble "...heat...strength.." I just looked at him, I was afraid my hearing was going. "What?" I asked him again, "Well you will need all the strength you can get for when you go into.. heat." He said not looking in my eyes, which were wide open. I blushed and looked down, I knew that I would be going into hear soon and that it took a lot from you with all the shenanigans going on but I forgot that it would happen so soon.

"Oh." I said with a blush as Mark paid for the two of us, my friends were looking like they were trying not to laugh at us when this conversation was going on. I just looked at my tray like it would give me some comfort in the fact that I was being embarrassed in front of my friends, friends that remember everything and will constantly remind me of this moment.

We settled down girls followed, even though Mark had a mate they were shameless sticking out their chests like he would even give them the time of day. I stood a little away from Mark waiting for something to happen. My friend grabbed my elbow and brought me away, "Let the popular kids get their fix of him, you live with him so he's yours all the time." She said a little disgusted by the way they were behaving, like he was a shiny new toy that they could play with.

I saw Dylan sitting with his friends, I sat next to him punching him in the arm.

"Ow what was that for." He whipped around looking at me, once he realized it was me he just muttered looking at his food. A couple of my friends sat down with me, we all knew Dylan.

"Where's my brother anyways?" He whispered in my ear.

"Well the jocks and cheerleaders decided to take a fancy to him, so I got boxed out of my table pretty much." I said, Dylan put his arm around me seeing the obvious pain in my eyes. It hurt to be away from Mark, I took a peek over at Mark's table. He was hunched over in his seat looking at a cheerleader who was trying to get his attention. My wolf was screaming at me "KILL HER SHE IS LOOKING AT OUR MATE.." I just sighed and ignored her.

Mark's POV 

I heard my mate walk away from the table with her friend reassuring her, I wanted to get up. Hell, I practically almost jumped up, but I got a look from Luke. Luke always wanted us to be best friends so he would become the Beta. At first, I wanted him to be it too, he talked about all the hot girls and parties that they would go to together. Now him forcing this size 2, big boobed, blonde down his throat was not what I wanted. I knew my father wanted me to have Luke as his Beta, so that is the only reason I stayed.

I looked over my shoulder to see my mate sitting next to my younger brother, I knew that he was friends with her before I came along. I looked at the blonde that was trying to shove her chest in my face, these girls always were the same. I didn't think that me having a mate would be different.

"So what's it like to have a mate?" Luke said with a grin, "Still looking at other girl's chests so it must not be like they say it is." I growled at him. My anger flared and my wolf was going crazy in my head. "HOW COULD HE DISRESPECT OUR MATE LIKE THAT?" he yelled at me, I was trying not to shift right then and there so I just held it in for a minute.

"If you honestly think that you will be Beta after this you are sure to have another thing coming, this girl is not what I want. Don't bother me or my mate anymore." I said standing up, I tipped my tray over on his lap and walked away. I heard my friends laughing at him, as I stomped over to Kate.

I picked her up while she was yelling at me to put her down, doesn't she realize that I am never letting her go?

We got outside of the cafeteria and I was still angry, she put her hand on my chest once she was on her feet. It was cute how clumsy she was even though most werewolves arent. I grabbed her wrist and started dragging her to her locker. I opened it within seconds and grabbed her bag and then we left the school.

"How dare he disrespect you? You are so much better than him, you are above him." I mumbled to myself, I must seem like a crazy person to her with all the talking to myself I was doing. We walked into the parking lot and I pulled out my keys, she was trying to catch up with me, I was going a little too fast for her. When we got to my car I stopped, she had to catch her breath a little.

"I hate exercise." She panted. She was something else, she was definitely not the Usain Bolt of the werewolf world.

I just laughed and brought her into a hug, I really needed to have that closeness with her. I needed her with me always, I realized that the short time that we were apart was not a good idea. Me having alpha blood in me makes me like A MILLION times more possessive and clingy than any other male werewolf.

I opened the door for Kate and let her slip inside, for once she was grateful. I had to admire her as her slim shoulders fell back into the seat. Her little nose sniffed the air of my car, she was probably doing that for my scent.

I went around the car and got inside. I started the car, "Ready to go home?" I asked her.

She nodded, "I want to see my puppy!" she said getting all giddy and then went back to relaxing in her seat. She looked happy, I took her hand into mine and drove one handed, I was content now. I would tell my father that I was not comfortable with the beta he wanted for me. He could get into huge trouble for messing with the future Luna.

She looked at me and kissed my cheek, "I'm glad we're mates." She said smiling, she leaned back in her seat and sighed. "So love where do you want to go? We can go home if you want." I said She scrunched her nose at my suggestion. "No I want to go to a park or something, I seriously haven't been outside since the beach." She said she was right I've kept her cooped up in the house all day. It was an amazing day outside so this would be fun.

I drove to the nearest park and as soon as I stopped the car she ran out of the car. I shook my head laughing, I love this girl.