Bitten

Dara's POV

Hours.

Minutes.

Seconds.

Everything seemed too slow. I kept glancing on the alarm clock on the bedside table and the time seemed not changing at all. I cant fall asleep. Believe me, i want to but I really can't.

Alright, alright, yeah, I am thinking about Sol. I miss him already even though it's just hours since he left. I know that sounds ridiculous but if you're wearing my shoes, I assure you, thinking of him is even more important than breathing. Seriously!

Anyway, even though he promised me that he will be back to see me off tomorrow, I'm still feeling uneasy. It's like, something's wrong with him before he left. His expression changed and he looked pale, er, paler than usual. And, er, I hope it's not true, but I'm feeling something wrong will happen tomorrow. I do hope I'm wrong.

If Sky did not knock on the door, will he still be here with me at this moment? And speaking of Sky, she was acting very odd a while ago. She's acting weird. I asked her what she meant about Sol being dangerous but she just stared at me then smiled like she's playing a joke on me. I did my best to get answers from her but she just shut me out of her room. She might be joking, but something inside me is telling me that she's keeping something from me. I will definitely get answers from her tomorrow. She won't be able to hide in her room forever, anyway. I've got her plane tickets.

Oh, please. I'm thinking something here. Argh. I don't want to think about it. But it really bothers me.

Is it possible that Sol and Sky knew each other before? Life is always full of surprises so you'll never know. I remember the first time I told Sky about my encounter with Sol, she didn't even hesitate to believe me. ashe looked surprised and curious but her reaction afterwards was like she knew that vampires do exist and above that, a vampire named Sol exists. Could it be that they had something in the past? See? I'm getting paranoid. I hate being like this.

Dara, stop! Don't think about it. It's bad enough that you are doubting your friend, creating a story is too much.

But..

But what if it's true? Where will I stand? I mean, she's my best friend and being with a friend's ex sucks. That's a major no no for me. Oh, how I wish these thoughts will leave me. I need to sleep. I can't be ugly tomorrow in front of Sol. Just imagine being infront of the guy you like with dark circles around your eyes. Turn off.

I closed my eyes and willed myself to sleep. Fortunately, my body responded to my request. Then, the strangest dream visited me. I know this is just a dream because everything is fantasy-like. You know, a slight blur in the area, the effect theyrethey're using in movies. Eherm. So the dream is this: I am looking at a pair of red eyes. I can't make the face of the person in front of me but her eyes were so bright I can't look away. I knew she's a girl. i just knew.

Her stare is full of longing. She's in the verge of crying. As I stared back at her, the color of her eyes started changing. It's slowly turning to brown -- like mine. Then her face became more vivid but I do not recognize it. Her stare is piercing but I cant look away from herHer long brown hair swept by the wind and her hands tried to reach out for me. I backed away. I have to. She must not touch me. I ran as far from her as possible. She called my name. I did not turn back. I am scared. I do not want to face her. I do not know her and I do not know why but I want to end this dream. Please, end this dream now. Please.

I stopped running and fell on my knees. Tears are now racing down my cheeks. Believe me, I really don't know why I'm feeling like this and I can't help but cry. Something about that woman is connected to me. I tried to remember her face but I can't. I saw it but all I can remember is her eyes and the sadness it contains. Somehow, I felt it even though I know it wasnt real.