Midnight Sun

Top’s POV

Ten thousand years has passed by so quickly.

I hate admitting it, but I have already accepted who or what I really am.

I realized that fighting your own destiny is like fighting your own self – you cannot win unless you lose. And if you lose, you cannot win. So it is impossible.

Things have dramatically changed over the course of the years. People have changed the way they dress, the way they talk, the way they view life.

I remember all the people I have encountered in my entire life – human and vampire.

I remember William. He became a doctor. Smart kid, he was.

Of course, I remember Dara and Sol.

I genuinely felt happy for both of them for living the best of their lives. There were times that I envied them being humans. I even envied the love they shared.

Both of them are long gone now.

But I was there when they got married.

I was there when they had three beautiful children.

I was there when they grew old together.

I was there when their children got married.

I was there when they had grandchildren.

I was there when they left the world with their hands entwined.

I saw their great love for each other.

And I felt a part of their love story.

I realized that love is so mysterious you couldn’t predict it even if you have the ability to see the future. Sol was a proof of that.

I know my love story will unfold soon. I just hope I get a beautiful girl. Kidding.

“What are you thinking?”

I turned around me and saw Sky looking irritated at me. Believe me, she’s always scowling at me.

“Definitely not you.” I said, teasing her.

She smirked at me.

“Hey, is your camera ready?” I asked her.

We are standing in a crowded street formerly known as Quiapo. We decided to stay here in the Philippines for good.

“Yeah. I am not as forgetful as you.” she said again in an irritated tone.

“I wonder why you’re always mad at me.”

“Shut up.”

“No, really.”

Sky looked at me with that are-you-really-that-stupid-and-clueless-about-how-I-feel look in her eyes.

I chuckled at her expression.

“It’s here.” She said, half-excited, half-nervous.

I turned round and saw a lot people looking up at the sky.

My heart pounded and a sense of déjà vu engulfed me.

I stood there, staring at the red sun.

Red -- the color of blood.

They say the red sun appears every ten thousand years and it brings misery to my kind.

My kind -- cold blooded monsters, vampires...

But who knows, maybe the midnight sun will bring me luck; just like what it did to Dara and Sol. It might even bring Sky and I together.

It might be now or it might be for another ten thousand years.

For now, let me just admire its beauty. Let me ponder about its mystery.

For now, let me stare at the magnificent red sun.

Let me stare up on...

The Midnight Sun.

***author’s notes***

It took more than a year to complete this. I almost gave up writing this story if it weren’t for you, dear reader.

Special mention to my sister @ZeroIsLife for believing in my writing skills and for encouraging me to continue.

Thank you @Skyl_yb , @LuvBB_2ne1 , @soulman18 , @topheartbom , @callmecarmelli , @darayangislove for being so active in promoting my fiction.

I am sorry if I won’t be able to mention the other readers. But honestly, I THANK YOU FOR LOVING THE CHARACTERS AS MUCH AS I LOVE THEM.

Let me also promote my next fiction: YG University: Hearts and Melody

Love, hugs, kisses, (and venom? LOL),

@roshanne_elie