Rage

TOP's POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar room filled with the sweet scent of honey.

With that realization, I abruptly stood up.

I looked around the room, no one else is in here. I know someone smelled like that.

The scent slowly fainted. But it left a trace on my body.

I sat on the bed, trying to remember what happened.

...

...

...

Damn! I can't remember anything.

I looked up out the open window.

Something's supposed to happen today, something related to the sky.

But all I'm seeing is the darkness of the night.

No stars, no moon, nothing.

I know I should be doing something.

Nah! No matter how hard I tried thinking about it, I just can't remember it.

I reached for the mirror on the wall and stared closely at my reflection.

Okay, great! I'm still handsome. Cool.

But that's not it. There must be something that will allow me to remember what the heck happened today.

...

...

...

I give up. It's like I'm almost there, remembering the details, but something is hindering me.

I looked at the dark sky again.

Then I remembered being thirsty.

My hand automatically reached for my throat. But I don't feel thirsty anymore, in fact, It felt like I have just drank too much water. Or should I say blood?

No!

Impossible!

I only feel this way whenever I  drink human blood. But I know, I didn't.

Wait.

I feel something else.

It's like, I -- No. No way. There's just no way I feel like I am so much stronger than yesterday. That's absurd.

But still, I feel so warm. I know this effect is not from human blood, neither from an animal blood. Then what could it be? Where is it coming from?

I was so trapped in my thoughts when the wind blew from the open window.

And again, that familiar sweet scent.

"Feeling better?" a man's voice said. And I perfectly know who he is.

"Sol." I looked at him. His face is full of joy. His silver eyes glinting, I'd like to think he stole the moon and put it in his eyes.

"I am glad you still remember me. I guess the spell was perfect." He said, still looking at me.

What the heck is this guy talking about?

"You will not be thirsty for a whole month." he said.

I frowned but no words escaped my mouth.

"I rewarded you because you did your job well. Or should I say, better than what I have expected.." he moved towards the single sofa stuck in the corner of the room.

"I made you a promise that I will let you die once you've done your job. Is that, still, what you wanted?" he asked, still smiling.

"What job?" I finally managed to ask.

"You do not really have to know."

"But I want to know!" slowly, my anger is rising.

"What will be the purpose of knowing it when after a minute you will die?" he said, looking concerned. As if!

"Then I do not want to die anymore!" before I could ever think about it, the words came out already. As I have finished my sentence, I saw a scarlet smoke came out of my mouth.

What the? Do I have bad breath?

My hand automatically covered my mouth. There is nothing unusual there. Still, I checked for my breath. Hmm.. Smells okay. Wait! It smells like blood and.. and.. honey!

There's no way I was able to drink a pureblood's blood!

I do not know and I'm not in contact with any other pureblood monster except for -----

Sol abruptly stood. He was looking at me intently. Then, after a while, he gave me that mocking smile.

"Are you sure?" he asked. For a moment I tried to figure out what he meant but then I remembered my words.

Don't I really want to die anymore? No! Ofcourse not! I mean, I still want to die. But not now.

Not now?

Something inside me is telling me to continue living.

Something that happened today.

Someone I met today.

I looked at the dark sky again.

Why can't I remember anything about today?

 "Are you sure?" Sol repeated.

"Yes." I need to remember everything first. I need to know who I met today. And I need to defeat Sol. I will avenge my life.

I can't die now.

Not until I find out how to defeat Sol.

I am still staring at the black sky.

The wind howled at my back towards the open window.

The sweet scent of honey is fading.

Sol left.

I forgot my questions for him.

But that doesn't matter now.

I do not know how to start but I am determined to know everything.

With that, a certain feel of rage errupted through my veins.

*****author's notes*****

purebloods can modify someone else's memory (if they are strong enough, because it needs a lot of energy)

It took me sometime to publish the 4th chap because of unknown reasons.. and I am not quite happy with the outcome.. hehe

anyways, please continue reading the rest of the story..

thank you!

follow me on twitter:  @roshanne_elie