Secrets and Lies

Dara's POV

I opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was the white ceiling. It is so white I thought I was already in heaven. For a split second, I thought I saw a flashback of me waking up in a room with a very white ceiling. Just my imagination. I stared at it but my mind travels somewhere else. My mind reminds me of Sol. How is he? I hope he doesn't blame his self for what happened. That was my fault. I pushed him to his limits.

I closed my eyes and tried to remember all the details of what happened. I'm no longer with Sol so I should be able to think clearly now. I remember how sharp his fangs were. It was painful and draining. I'm surprised Sol was able to stop. I should be thankful that he did, but I feel so ashamed of myself. I knew this would happen but I did not stop myself from being a flirt.

It was his red eyes that scared me. I've seen it before but at that time, seeing it so close, something inside me cringed. It felt terrible. When I stared at his red eyes, it made me remember all the bad dreams I had when I was a kid. In those dreams, I was running from a monster who's about to eat me. For some reason, maybe my strong will to wake up, it always ends with me stabbing the monster.

"Finally, you're awake." a deep masculine voice echoed across the room. I tried to turn my head but I realized my neck has a cast.

"Who are you?" my voice croaked.

"We've met before, err, I think." he said in a funny tone. He seemed unsure of himself.

"Well, if you could please come here so I can get a better look at you, I might recognize you."

For a moment, I didn't hear any response from the man. Then I heard footsteps approching my bed. Standing now by my side is the man Sol was with the first time I met him.

This guy is very unlike Sol in physical appearance. He's handsome in a ragged way ( which by the way is my type, physically ). He's wearing a tattered pair of faded jeans, a white undershirt, and a cool ( I don't know how to describe it ) jacket. His hair is jetblack, naturally shiny but messy. His skin looks smooth ( but not as smooth as Sol's ). Yep, he looks like a rock star, only something's telling me he's not the type.

"It's you." I know it's not a smart comment but that's all I was able to say.

"Err.. Yeah? It's me. So, do we know each other?" he looked at me intently, looking serious, but his shoulders are a bit shaking.

"Uhm.. I don't think so." Do we know each other? I've only seen him once before today. And that day won't be considered as a get-to-know-you stage either.

He sighed and looked at me again. He's studying my face as if looking for a flaw. Well, it's kinda embarassing to be honest.

Dead silence.

I don't know what to say to this man. I mean, from the looks of it, he doesn't seem to be Sol's friend. I don't know him, and he doesn't know me.

Wait a second.

"What are you doing here? I mean, where am I?"

"Well, about that.." before he can continue what he was saying, I heard a sound of hurried footsteps. Next thing I know, my bestfriend, Sky, is already hugging me.

"I was so worried about you." she said, sobbing and crushing my bones at the same time.

Does Sky know? I mean, I'm pretty sure she's the one who found me.

"I'm okay, Sky. I just... just... can't.. breathe..." I said jokingly.

My bestfriend let go of me and stared at my face while still holding my shoulders. Tears were racing down her cheeks.