Chapter 9: Ghoulish cravings

I layed there in a pool of blood. I watched Hizeki try to eat Kazo i needed to help him. I ran towards Kazo with glowing red eyes he yelled at me to stay away from him. I struck Hizeki and tried to get him to snap out of it but he wouldnt. Hizeki jumoed at me and punched me and cut my knee with his kagunae. I jumped at him and struck him down but he pushed off of me and attacked Kazo.

Kazo stabbed Hizekis leg but he regenerated instantly. My quinque was damaged and was not working so i tried to use my kaguane but i had no idea how to control it so i was unarmed. I ram and attacked Hizeki. I punched him and made him bleed but i was no match for him unarmed he stabbed me in my chest with his kagunae. He started towards Kazo but i needed to protect him so i tried my kagune once more and my kagunae was an okaku. A speed ghouls kagunae the same as Hizeki's. I got up and ran towards Hizeki but he jumped up on Kazo and took a bite out og his shouler. I yelled out "KAZO NO!" As i threw Hizeki off of him.

The person that Hizeki was would have never done this. Hizeki was being controlled by Arima. They drugged Hizeki and took his memories, the Hizeki i knew was a lifeless shell now. Me and Hizeki fought to the death but i was not strong enough. Hizeki cut my ankles and stabbed me through my stomache. Barely able to breath looked up almost completely knocked out. I cried and screamed why. The feeling of darkness eating my soul like i had sold myself to the devil. It felt like someone took everythig from me as i watched. I layed there unable to move as i fell quietly asleep watching Kazo be torn apart by Hizeki. I watched Kazo as he took his last breath before Hizeki tore him in half.

I heard a voice in my head. It told me to devour everything. I screamed and cried. He told me to eat Kazo's remains. I cried but i was starving and it hurt. It felt like being stabbed by 1 thousand knifes over and over. The voice told me eat him and i laughed. I cried. I walked over to Kazo's lifeless body and i devoured him. I ate what was left and his remains were nothing but a pile of bones.

There was a switch. A switch in my head. This switch allowed me to feel and to not feel. I looked at Kazos body and realized what i had done and i cried. I didint want to feel i wanted to die. I held my brothers quinque to my head ready to end my life. Then i heard a voice it said i didint have too feel anything but first i needed to turn it off. I flipped the switch and stood up over Kazos body and i remember i thought to myself what a delicious snack. His life meant nothing to me brother or not i didint give two shits the switch made me feel this way i was free.