| Chapter 15 |

Lucas' POV
Yup, you heard it right.
I have a new 3 year old stepbrother.
My mother had a child with another man when she left us.
The man left her so she came back to us with a little boy named a ocean telling me that he was my stepbrother.
My dad was pretty mad at the fact that she just walked into our life after she walked out 3 years ago but you know all is well in the Friar house. 😐
I don't have a problem with Ocean, he's cute and makes me laugh with the weird things he does.
Dad: I'm sorry Lu-
I hung up before he could finish his sentence, I look at my watch to see the time, it was 4:19. Ocean's school finishes at 3:15! He's probably been waiting for someone to pick him up more than an hour!
Why hasn't teachers called home?
I really hope he's alright.
I grab the house keys and walk out the door to get in my car to go pick up Ocean from school.
~ At Ocean's school ~
Once I get to his school, I get out of my car and walk through the entrance.
I was shocked at how much decoration was put up.
Wow the school is actually stepping up, when I went to this school they didn't put up a single decoration.
I'm impressed.
I see little kids wearing animal outfits entering the main hall, I quickly make my way in with them.
I mean, they won't notice an eight n year old walking in, among 3 or 4 year olds.
Right..? 😂
When I finally made my way in, I noticed that the stage was set up as a stable.
Why the heck do they have a stable scene on the stage?
I could literally see like a thousand of little kids just sat on stage, I also noticed a slightly older girl and a boy standing up.
I stared at it for a good 10 seconds before I realized that they were doing the nativity scene.
I began to scan all the little kids, trying to find Ocean. It was even harder trying to find him as they were all in face paint and in costume.
"LUKIEEEEEEEE!" I hear a little voice say behind me
I turn around to find Ocean dressed up as a lamb, I start to laugh because he looked so cute.
"OCEAAAAN!" I say bending down to the same level he was.
He runs towards me and hugs me, I hug him back.
"Sorry I'm late buddy, why are you dressed up as a lamb?" I ask
"I'm a lamb for the nativity scene. SEE I HAVE A LITTLE TAIL!!' He says turning around pointing at his tiny tail.
That explains why the teachers didn't call home because he was rehearsing for the actual sho-
Wait!
SHIT SHIT SHIT. IS HIS NATIVITY PLAY TODAY!!
PLEASE SAY IT ISN'T. PLEASE
"Wait. Is it today?" I ask.
"What's today Lukieee" He asks in confusion
"Your play, Are you performing it to all the mommys and daddys today?" I ask, hoping that he would say no, but instead he says
"YESSSSS! IS MOMMY AND DADDY COMING TO WATCH US TODAY!?" He asks in excitement.
WHY IS IT TODAY!?
MY DATE WITH RILEY IS TODAY!
SHE'S GOING TO THINK THAT I STOOD HER UP.
I NEED TO GO TELL HER AS I CAN'T EVEN BLOODY FIND MY PHONE.
"Yup Ocean, mommy and daddy will watch you today." I say lying, I couldn't break his little heart.
Ocean calls my dad 'daddy' as he hasn't seen his actual dad before.
Maybe he won't see his actual mother anymore either.
My mother already left me, she knew how much I suffered.
Why would she do the same to Ocean?
The worst thing is that he's only 3.
"Anyway, you should go sit with your friends so you can get ready for the play." I say.
While he sits with his friends, I can quickly drive over to Riley's house to tell her that I can't make it.
I need to make up an excuse so she doesn't think that my mum left me and my dad again and that I got a new stepbrother.
She's gonna think that if we ever start dating again that I will leave her., just like my mum.
I mean.. My mum did it, doesn't that mean I will to..?
I just don't want to blow my chances with Riley again.
"Okay LUKIE. BYE BYE" he says and then runs to his friends.
I turn around to walk through the door when I bumped into someone.
"I'm so sorry" I say
"Don't worry, I wasn't looking where I was going" A girl says, but I recognized her voice.
I look up and realize that It was Smackle.
"Smackle?" I say
"Lucas" She says widening her eyes.
"What are you doing here?" I ask
"I came to drop my little brother off when Mr Johnson practically forced me to help because it will be "COOL" She says
Me and Smackle went to the same primary school and Mr Johnson was our teacher. 
Mr Johnson has this thing where he needs everyone to help him with whatever he's doing because he thinks "It brings people closer"
Once he literally made like 6 people move just one small desk.
Yeah because moving tables brings people closer 😑
"Wow! He hasn't changed. Anyway I have to go, Have fun." I say rushing
"Yeah, I will totally have fun with 3 and 4 year olds! Bye" She says laughing
I walk out of the main hall, until I once again bump into someone else.
What is it with me and bumping into people today?
"I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going."
"Lucas Friar?" A voice says that I knew straight away.
Please no. Pleaseeee no.
I look up to see Mr Johnson.
JUST MY LUCK!
PLEASE DON'T ASK FOR ME TO HELP.
"Hey sir" I say
"Aaa, Lucas Friar, one of my old students. What brings you here?" He says
"My little brother Ocean is in the nativity scene." I say
"I never knew you had a brother Friar" He says
"Step-brother" I say making it clear
"Aaa right" He says
I smile
"I just saw Isadora Smackle in here as well, I asked her to help so I'm asking you to help as well." He says smiling
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
"I would love to but I hav-"
"No buts Friar!"
"Bu-"
"No buts. Go help the little ones with their costumes" He says pointing to a classroom with confused kids.
"Okay sir" I say while walking into the room.
Okay. Now how am I going to tell Riley?
She's going to hate me.
I swear today is called: Fuck Friar's day as much as possible!

Riley POV
I walked to the restaurant that Lucas texted me to meet him at.
I open the door and walk into the restaurant,
Once I entered, I immediately started to search the restaurant to find Lucas but Lucas was nowhere to be seen.
Why isn't Lucas here..?
Maybe he's late.
I snap out of my thoughts and go sit down on a table for two.
Once I sat down, a waiter comes up to me.
"Hello, What would you like to order madam?" He says smiling
"Hi, I'm waiting for my date, we'll order when he gets here" I say returning the smile.
'Date' It feels weird to call Lucas my 'Date'
"Okay madam." He says and walks off
I check the time on my phone and see that it's 6:05 pm
Now all I gotta do is wait.
6:30 pm
🕑
7:00 pm
🕖
He's still not here.
He's probably running late?
7:45 pm
🕙
8:00 pm
🕗
He's still not here.
Car broke down
8:30 pm
🕜
I sign as I check the time on my phone.
The waiter comes to me once again.
"Sorry Madam, we're closing so you need to make your way out." He says giving me a sympathic smile
"Okay. Thanks." I say and leave the restaurant.
I slowly walk home in the cold and alone, with tears running down my face, thinking about what Lucas did.
He stood me up.. 😭😥
A/N
🎄🎊🎉🎅🏼 MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS! I HOPE YOU GUYS GOT WHATEVER YOU ASKED FOR! BE SAFE AMD HAVE FUN! 🎄🎊🎉🎅🏼
Riley thinks Lucas stood her up, will Lucas get a chance to explain himself or will they go their separated ways?
➡️ READ THE NEXT CHAPTER TO FIND OUT! ➡️
Please vote and also don't forget comment what you think of the chapter.
🎅🏼 Read my other Rucas fan-fiction: You & I - Rucas 🎅🏼