Chapter 5: Suspicious Trading.

"You'll stay with me forever, right?"
"It depends, how long is forever?"
"Forever is.... Well, forever! Until the day I die, will you stay with me?"
"I can't promise I'll stay close to you for that long, but I'll always be with you, and keep you safe, alright?"
"Alright! Thank you!"

The voices swirled in her head, and she stared blankly at his Katana. It was the last bit of her friend that she had left, it was like a piece of her heart.
She rubbed the cloth along the blade gently, cleaning the slight rust from the object. She hadn't used the weapon in years, and wasn't really planning on using it any time soon. She had already tended to most of her duties for the day, and all she had to do was serve the Princess if needed. Speaking of the Princess, the pinkette could hear quick footsteps coming towards her bedroom.
     "Luka!" Miku called, running into the room just as the sword was placed back under the bed. The servant stood up, turning around and bowing slightly.
     "Hello, Princess." Luka greeted, approaching the younger girl. "How can I serve you?"
     "Oh, well.... I was actually wondering if you like to come to a trade with me! We'll be trading with the Kingdom of Blue today."
     "I don't have a choice on whether I go or not, do I?"
     "You would've said yes if you did have a choice though, right?" The tealette looked at her with lit up aqua eyes.
     "Of course. Let's go then, shall we?"

     "Princess Miku, Miss Luka." The man in front of the neighboring kingdom's castle bowed to the girls, stepping to the side. "The prince is right through these doors."
     "Alright. Thank you for your help!" Miku smiled to him, curtseying before walking through the large doors. Luka followed closely behind her, bowing her head to the man.
     There, in the middle of the room, stood a tall young man. His hair was a royal blue, and his eyes were like oceans. He smiled warmly at them, which the Princess returned. The pink haired teen just stared, recognizing him from somewhere.
"Hello, Princess Miku and... Miss Megurine." He spoke softly, bowing to the teal haired girl.
"Prince Kaito, it's a pleasure." Luka's eye twitched at the name as Miku spoke, and she realized where she'd seen this man.
"Princess, my father is just down this corridor. He has the trading supplies and such." The brunette's hand motioned towards the hall behind him, and the princess nodded.
"Of course! Luka, you please wait for me. I'll call if I need help." And with that, the younger girl was off to where she was directed. Luka was now left alone, left with the prince in a large, empty room.
"Megurine." He began, moving back to shut the doors Miku had previously ran through. "How have you fared? Getting along with the Green Kingdom, I see."
"Yes. I've been well for the years I've been with them. The Yellows haven't spread the word, surprisingly." She brushed a strand of pink hair behind her ear as she spoke, her words low and soft. She didn't want the king to see her, he could remember.
"What a mask you have on. I don't even get a friendly smile? We were friends, you know." Kaito stepped closer to her, resting a hand on her shoulder gently.
"I know. That was so long ago... And your father is out to get me."
"He does hold grudges... I'll be crowned king soon, and when that happens, he won't have control over me." The pink haired servant nodded slightly, watching him intently. "Then... You could come back. As a servant, or maybe another placement will be open..."
"I'm very sorry, but... I serve the Green land now." Her electric blue eyes flickered downwards.
"I see. That's quite alright, then. How are your injuries?" His eyes wandered to her neck, covered by a turtle neck shirt.
"Not better. What the hell was he even thinking?"
"Kamui was an intelligent and caring man, he had a reason-"
"He picked the last time we ever spoke to almost kill me!" She snapped, realizing her raise of voice. "I'm sorry."
"It's fine, it's good that you still experience emotions." The Prince backed up slightly, a small smile playing on his lips. "If the Green Kingdom ever finds out about your little secret, just come here. We'll keep you safe."
"Kaito... Thank you." Luka let herself smile, looking up at him.
"It's my pleasure, Luka." He pat her head, smiling. The usually emotionless girl silently stepped towards him, her arms wrapping around him. He returned the embrace, not surprised by the sudden action. She knew how slim the chances were that the Yellow Kingdom wouldn't spout her secrets to the Green Kingdom.
There was the possibility that she'd get caught, and that all of Kamui's work was for nothing.
"Luka?" The pink haired girl quickly jerked away from Kaito, her eyes moving towards the source of the voice.
"P-Princess. You're done?" Luka asked, putting her monotone facade back on. The Princess slowly nodded, a bit confused on what she saw for that split second.
"Yes.."
"I suppose I'll meet with you two soon, then?" Kaito said, turning to face Miku with a smile.
"Yes, I hope to trade with your kingdom again soon!" The tealette curtseyed, smiling. After bidding their farewells, the two girls went on their journey back to their home kingdom. "Luka?"
"Yes, Milady?"
"What was that about?"
"Nothing."

Voca A/N: Such plot much wow. I don't even ship Kaito x Luka, wtf am I doing.