Chapter 9: Declaration of War

Voca A/N: i'M ALIVE I SWEAR.
I'm just, like, never on this account. I'm sorry!
Really though, if you ever wanna talk to me or read more of my writing or whatever, I really suggest you go to my main account, Vocachuuu! I've got two MikuLuka books up on there now, and I'm updating them both at a decent pace, soo.... Yeah! Do whatever you want!

Luka sat in the empty room, staring down at the long table before her. Someone from the yellow kingdom had stopped by moments ago, delivering this letter to the pink haired servant before leaving. The queens full name was written in delicate cursive at the bottom, Riliane Lucifen D'Austriche.
"What am I going to do.." Luka muttered under her breathe. It was a declaration of war; yet they weren't ready for a war. Yes, they had a decent, formidable army, but Luka didn't think she was prepared herself. She cursed to herself quietly, wishing she could have had more time to train with Kamui.
     "Luka? You called me here, correct?" The soft voice of the Princess rose from the doorway, and Luka took a breath. She cleared her mind, keeping her stoic mask in play.
     "Yes, Princess. Please, come in." The teal haired girl could already feel the seriousness of the situation just by hearing the pinkette's voice. The servant rose from her seat, closing the door behind Miku. She seated the small teenager before also sitting.
     "Luka, what's wrong?" Miku asked, her voice risen with concern. The neatly written paper was passed to her by Luka. She read it, and her eyes flickered up to look at the other. Her face was unrevealing to her emotions. "A... War?"
     "Indeed. How do you wish to act upon this declaration, milady?" Dull blue eyes met with wide teal ones, and Miku looked down at her lap.
     "I..." Her fists clenched and unclenched, and she squeezed her eyes shut. "I guess we really have no choice, huh?"
     "I'm afraid not, Princess." Luka thought for a moment. "But we could receive aid from the Blue Country." She suggested.
     "Oh? You think they'll agree?" Miku asked, cocking her head in curiosity.
     "I'm sure they will. I shall accompany you to the castle, for I don't want to leave you unsupervised. After all, this entire country of yours is vulnerable for attack."
     "Right... Let's go immediately, then." Miku stood up, her eyes covered by her bangs. "We cannot waste any more time."

~

     "Princess Miku, and.. Megurine?" The blue headed man questioned, his eyes flickering between the two. "What brings you here without notice?"
     "Prince Kaito," Luka began, stepping forward. "You see, Milady's country is under attack. A war is taking place." Kaito listened intently, nodding in understanding when Luka finished.
     "And... You're here for my assistance?" Kaito assumed, receiving a nod from both girls. "I see.." The bluenette looked to the ground, in thought.
     "W-would you be able to help?" Miku butted in quickly, her words a bit rushed and difficult to understand. It was obvious she was desperate, her real eyes looking up at the man in an almost begging way.
     "I...." The male paused, fingers pulling at his collar a bit. "I'll try my best to aid you, Princess." The small girl's expressions to a grateful one, and she let out a small sigh of relief. Her posture faltered for a moment, her shoulders slumping and back hunching slightly.
     Composing herself, she stepped backwards, holding her hand out towards the prince. "Thank you so much!"
     "You are very welcome." He took her hand shaking it as well as placing a light kiss to the top of her hand. He then turned to Luka, then holding out his hand for her.
     "Yes.. Thank you, Prince." The pinkette said, her voice low, bowing her head slightly as she placed her hand in his. The action was repeated, and soon the two girls were off on their way home.

Voca A/N: I'm really sorry for any typos, I don't really give enough shits to re-read my own writing