Chapter 4: Three Years Later...

Voca A/N: Now 3 years have passed. So Miku is 16, and Luka is 18. Enjoy~
This one gets bloody too. Warning~

She was collapsed on the ground, the blood pulsing through her head and out of her upper arm. She was choking on sobs, barely getting out any words.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...." She whispered the words over and over again, not daring to look up at her attacker.
"I beg to differ! Just look at you, prancing around my kingdom, when you don't even belong!" The woman made a hand motion to the window of the old cabin. "Look at everyone. They all have beautiful, blonde hair. You don't belong here. You don't belong anywhere!" She grabbed a fistful of the child's bright pink hair, yanking it. The child, due to her light weight and lack of food, was flung a few feet across the small room. She quickly pulled the knife from her own arm, staring at the bloodied weapon.
"No... No no no... Get away from me... Y-you monster of a queen!!" The pink haired child used the sharp weapon to shatter the window.
"Stop! I need to erase you from the world, so that you don't taunt the beauty of the other kingdoms!" The blonde queen quickly tried to grab the girls wrist, but she was too swift. Despite being weak and crippled, she was able to slice at the older woman's wrist. This made the queen gasp, stumbling backwards in surprise. The despised fugitive was able to crawl out the window, running somewhere in the dreaded kingdom, the Yellow Kingdom.

The alarm blared in her ears, and the girl from the dream shot up. She was much older than the dream, however. The girl in the dream was young, crippled, weak, scared and alone. This girl was mature, strong, brave, and... Alone.
Luka had noticeably matured since she was fifteen. Her hair had grown longer, her body itself had matured, and she had grown more secretive and closed than before.
She went to her daily job, one she'd been doing ever since she moved into this castle and took in the job as a servant. She got up, quickly took care of herself, and hurried to the Princess's room.
"Luka!" As soon as she opened the door, she found that the peppy princess was already wide awake. "Good morning!"
"Good morning." The pink haired woman quickly murmured, turning around to the closet so that she could hide the small curve of her lips. She couldn't help it; Miku's happiness was almost contagious. After she composed herself and chose an outfit, she began to dress the princess. This had become a daily thing, they'd been doing it for three years. "Did you sleep well?"
"Yes! Have you?" The teal haired monarch asked. The pinkette just shrugged, finishing up the princess's outfit.
"A nightmare." Miku nodded at this. Luka had always had nightmares, but she still didn't know what they were about. So she decided to test something.
"Wanna talk about it?" The teenager asked, her voice suddenly sounding worried and caring. "I heard that sometimes if you get the cause of the nightmare off of your shoulders, then maybe they'll stop." The pink haired servant stared right into teal orbs, the lifeless blue ones of her own piercing through the younger.
"What if they don't stop?" This startled Miku. She didn't know how to respond, she what just winging it.
     "We'll only find out if we try, right?"
     ".... Fine, I'll tell you a bit of my fairy tale." The princess was confused, but sat attentively.

     Once, not too long ago, a child was born. However, the minute she was born, the kingdom knew she was a devil child. Her parents were punished by death, and she was raised by a man. He kept her hidden, ad kept her safe, and they lived inside a small cabin. One day, when the man had stepped out to get food for the two, the little cabin the girl called home was raided. The Queen of Yellow attempted to kill the girl, who just barely got away. She was not unscathed, however, and she had a deep cut in her upper right arm. She got away, but she never saw her 'father' again, nor the cabin. Even after she tried to return to the cabin to find her last bit of family, the wooden building had been burned to ashes.

     Luka finished, and Miku saw a hint of sadness in her eyes, but it soon disappeared in the void of nothingness.
'This is my key to her emotions then, eh? I'll find it soon enough, piece by piece.'

Voca A/N: I just got this beautiful idea for a sad backstory for Luka, because I always have angst in my stories. c;

Happy birthday to Rin and Len!!! <3