Ch.9 A Turn for the Worse

"Hey kid...." I freeze, and turn my head slowly, only to come face to face with none other that my least favorite person on the earth.

My brother is standing casually on the sidewalk, trademark cigarette in hand. He gives a a dirty look that causes me to involuntarily hide behind Jayy. I sense Jayy stiffening.

Oh, the hero has come to rescue me~ Jade mocks what might actually be my thoughts. She snickers as if she knew my brother would be here the whole time.

Rescue, rescue~! Storm cheerfully chimes in, probably not even aware of the tension in the air.

"Excuse me. Do you know him?" Jayy will forever be my hero. Not only is he my b-b-b-boyfriend, but he's standing up to my brother!

"Yeah. I'm his bother, Koel (Cole)." He points at me in a rather gruff manner. His glare is awful, and I can tell he knows. Sheepishly, I walk out from behind Jayy and face him.

"I'm not leaving with you. I have four days left here." I say defiantly. Jade looks shocked, and Storm has stopped her twirling. Koel bites his lip. His eyebrows furrow.

"Make that zero. You're coming with me." He reaches to grab me, but Jayy slaps his hand away.

"Maybe you didn't hear him. He said he didn't want to go with you." I look up at Jayy. His face holds a scary expression that I've never seen before. He was protecting me...

Koel makes a groaning sound, and steps back.

"You got two days kid. Ya hear?!"

"Two days! But I have--"

"Two! I'm not changing my mind. I'll be staying in the Hampton. You don't come, I'll call the police. They'll be sure ta give ya hell." Koel walks away, waving menacingly.

Whaa?! But Raven was just getting lovely dovey! Storm seems to have finally gotten what transpired.

"Are you okay?" I'm shocked to be instantly hugged by Jayy. I'm even more shocked that I was shaking. Leaning into him, I dig my face into his chest, about ready to cry.

"I'm okay." I choke. He hugs me even tighter. Leaving the embrace, Jayy holds my hand as we walk back to the apartment.

Upon entering, we find Dahvie and Jefree passed out on the floor and couch. Before them is a table full of wine, beer, and glasses. I stifle a laugh.

"They had a drinking competition." Jayy informs.

"Ah. Is that so?" I say, a smile creeping it's way into my face. Jayy takes a cup, pours some beer into it and hands it to me.

"Ah, I don't--"

"It helps." Jayy smiles at me. I nod, and take it, watching him pour a glass for himself.

We move into his room and start talking to each other. About what color is our favorite, what hobbies we like, small talk to get to know each other more.

"Two days, huh?" Jayy asks sighing. I look down. Two days...I can't believe my family would go this far just to destroy my life. I never deserved this...my only dream was to be with Jayy forever, and I couldn't even have that? I look back up again to see Jayy calmly looking at me.

"Guess we'll have to make the most of them, huh?" He smiles that beautiful smile, and once more, I have fallen in love with him. But this time, I was sure he shared those feelings.

That night, we slept together, Jayy's arms around me, listening to each other breathe. It was so calming to just lay with each other. I felt like I could stay in that position forever.

Slowly, I drift off to sleep.