Ch.5 A Smoke

"Uh, when you asked to go somewhere," I looked at my surroundings, "I didn't know you meant the local wallmart...." Jayy laughs before lighting his cigarette.

"You smoke?" He asks.

"No," I shake my head.

Wow, lover boy turned down something from--

Jade, that's not right! Smoking causes lung cancer! Storm cut Jade off, which made the evil one glare at the poor innocent, tutu cladden girl.

"Uh, maybe I'll try one," I pipe up. Jayy gives me a look before handing me a cigarette. I light it, and try to smoke. That ends up with lots of coughing fits. Jayy laughs some more.

"Yeah, that's what happens on the first try." He says. I smiled slightly.

"I don't think I'm gonna try that in a long time," I say, my voice slightly raspy. Another laugh comes from his perfect mouth.

"C'mon, let's go get something to eat," He says, striding to wherever. I struggle to keep up with him.

"Uh, what are we doing at Ruby Tuesday?" I ask. Jayy sport a grin.

"You'll see..." He teases.

"Ah, this is too fancy..." I murmur once we're seated.

"No worries, I can pay," Jayy says.

"That's not the point..."I mutter.

"What? You don't want me treating you?"

"T-that's not it..." Jayy orders the New Orleans Seafood, and I hesitantly order Grilled Salmon. It makes me happy that he's treating me to dinner, but I kinda feel....

Like you owe him now? Ha!

Jade, you're not helping Raven think. Storm and Jade are sitting at the empty booth next to Jayy's and my table.

"Is the salmon good?" Jayy asks me. I nod.

"It's really good!" I say after a bite.

"Can I try some?" He asks.

"Sure," I twist my plate so the salmon's facing him. He takes a piece with his fork.

"It really is good!"

"You've never had salmon?"

"No, I have, but this one gave me food poisoning, so I kinda stopped eating salmon right then and there," He says.

"Here, have some of mine." He pops a fork full in my mouth. I swear, I would've blushed if Jade hadn't said something.

Woah, woah woah! Loverboy, this is a public place! Keep it under control! Jade crosses her arms.

Haha, don't pay attention her her, Raven. You're really cute when you're in love! I sigh. Storm wasn't really helping.

"It's yummy," I say after I finished chewing.

~~~

"Where were you two?! We had to finish karaoke without you! And we brought in the beer too!" Dahvie says. Jeffree's still jamming to who-knows-what, but this time around, he's drunk.

"Ah, we were just bored." Jayy covers,"We went out to have a smoke." Dahvie frowns.

"You two missed out! We got done singing Wannabe by the Spice Girls, Boyfriend by Justin Beiber, and Waka Waka by Shikira! You two are SO staying for this next one!" Jeffree yells at us.

"Alright, what's the song?" Jay asked. Dahvie's face contorts into a ferocious grin.

"Fashion...." He says. I'm almost afraid to ask.