Chapter 13

Madi's POV:

We get downstairs and Liz is already making breakfast with Ricky by her side. "Whatcha makin?" I ask as Connor takes a seat at the counter and I fill a cup of water and join him.

"Eggs, bacon and pancakes. There's coffee made too if you guys want."

"She gets it," Connor remarks to Ricky.

"Liz is nicer than I am," Ricky announces.

I almost spit my water out. "Spend ten years knowing her, then we'll talk," I laugh.

As time goes by, more hungry people file into the kitchen. Once the food is done, Liz sets everything out and lets everyone serve themselves.

Food really does shut people up. "WHAT DO YOU DO TO THESE PANCAKES" Trevor asks, his eyes rolling back into his head. "They're so delicious I just wanna sleep on a bed made of your pancakes."

"Momma's recipe," she replies, taking a bite of bacon.

Liz's POV:

I'm flattered that I get to come over and cook for all eleven of these idiots. Twelve if you include me.

"Do you have work today?" Jc asks Elena.

"Yeah," Elena slightly frowns, taking a bite of eggs. A bell goes off in my head.

"Shit," I say, sitting my plate on the counter.

"What?" Madi asks.

"What time is it?"

"Little after 10:30," Connor answers, looking at his watch.

"Fuck," I say, running upstairs.

Madi yells after me. "What is it?"

"I forgot I have work!" I yell back. I quickly grab my uniform out of my bag and fling everything on as fast as I can. It sucks because not only is this uniform hot as hell, but there's so many goddamn pieces and everything has to look neat, required by the navy. Luckily, I keep a ruler with me as well to meet regulations.

I throw my hair up into a neat bun and toss my backpack onto one shoulder. I grab the ruler and run downstairs.

"Measure," I slap the ruler in Madi's hand. She's done this with me before and knows how it's done.

"Hair's good," she moves down to my ankles, "pants good," she hands me the ruler and moves to my sleeves. "Tattoos not showing, so good," and finally my shoulders. "Badges and name strait. Good to go."

"Thanks," I take the ruler and shove it in my backpack."

"Where you going?" Kian asks.

"I gotta get to base. I completely forgot I had to work. If I'm late then I'm done for."

"How far is it?" Jc asks.

"Long Beach. Like forty five minutes."

"I'll drive you," Ricky volunteers.

"No, you'll be there forever."

"I can just drop you off and leave."

"That's not how it works. You can't get in or out of base without me in the car, and my shift doesn't end until 2."

"You're driving forty minutes to work for three hours?"

"Not in the afternoon. I have to working until two in the morning."

"What are you doing this time?" Madi asks.

"Watch tower. I stand there with an AK and a radio and watch over the place. Now guys, I really have to go. Connor, I'm taking my car, so make sure Madi gets home safely."

"She's protective," Madi whispers.

"I heard that Madison. Safely," I point to Connor and walk out the door to my car. I begin driving as fast as I can to base.

Connor's POV:

Ricky looks a little heartbroken. Liz just left him, and I get that he's sad, but Liz has a duty to uphold.

I turn to Madi and whisper in her ear. "Is Liz ever going to be deployed?"

"Yeah, but we don't know when," she whispers back. "Why?"

"I feel bad for Ricky. He wouldn't be a able to see her for six months, maybe more."

She nods, understanding. "What should we do today?" Jc asks everyone, sitting his dirty plate in the dishwasher.

"Go for a hike?" Kian suggests.

"Where at?"

"Up towards the Hollywood sign. Or maybe we could do that tonight when it's cooler outside and we can look at all the city lights."

"Sounds good to me!" Trevor says. The rest of us agree and we decide what we're going to do until then.
_________________________

Short chapter I'm sorry

But hey it's an update so

Byee